how do I restore my contacts, sms, photo, music, without restoring settings?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to wipe my device clean and only restore contacts, sms, photo, music while having all phone settings in default mode (basically phone is using brand new OS with just phone content being restored)

How do I do that when upgrading from 6 to 7?

Thanks.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is all or nothing as there is no selective restore. If you were especially going to tether to iTunes you would do a full backup on your current phone, Tether your new phone and when you get to the point of how to set it up, I would then restore from a previous backup. When you do this it is not broken down for you to choose what to back up and it is going to restore what you backed up and that is everything.
I asked the advice of a good friend on here that does this to his own phone quite often and does frequent backups to iTunes and iCloud.
As he told me, I would initially do the restore from a previous backup and then several days later he sets his phone up as new. having said that I would do all that and watch the phone for the several days. If everything stays well I would leave it alone after that and that is what I am going to try. Good luck, i hope this helps and works out for you. This IMO are what most would do and tell you that is what they do, After all we are all lazy to a point when it comes to this kind of thing.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update to iOS 7 then on your phone go to settings -> general -> reset -> reset all settings, all your content will stay on the device but all the settings will be back to defaults

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free