IOS 7 GM version can't decline calls

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue where they can't decline calls in IOS 7 GM? I have a slide to answer, respond with message, and remind me but no decline.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue where they can't decline calls in IOS 7 GM? I have a slide to answer, respond with message, and remind me but no decline.

Just like in iOS 5 and iOS 6, double tap the lock button. Problem solved.

Tap it once to silence the ringer. Tap it a second time to ignore the call and send it to voice mail.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Just like in iOS 5 and iOS 6, double tap the lock button. Problem solved.

Tap it once to silence the ringer. Tap it a second time to ignore the call and send it to voice mail.

I know that already but did Apple take out the decline button or is this a bug or something?

If you can do that, then you CAN decline a call. That is how it works in iOS 7. It’s not a bug.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I must be the only person on earth that has never clicked Decline on an incoming call. I always just silence the ringer and let it go to voicemail as if I "didn't hear it" or "was busy" or answer the call.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes, the slide up to decline a call is not present in iOS 7 GM. You do, however, have the option to be reminded of the call later like in a hour, as well as two other options.

Last edited:

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I must be the only person on earth that has never clicked Decline on an incoming call. I always just silence the ringer and let it go to voicemail as if I "didn't hear it" or "was busy" or answer the call.

No, that's the way to do it. Declining a call is just asking for trouble. :tongue: unless of course you don't care that the person knows you declined their call. :devil:

hellenkellen

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
the decline button is probably the feature i MOST used on iOS 6. i can't believe they would removed this feature in lock but keep in when not locked?? my phone locks after 2 minutes. It's constantly in lock. I want to decline calls, damnit.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
the decline button is probably the feature i MOST used on iOS 6. i can't believe they would removed this feature in lock but keep in when not locked?? my phone locks after 2 minutes. It's constantly in lock. I want to decline calls, damnit.
When the phone rings and you want to decline and the phone is locked - Tap the power button twice... call declined... or tap it once, it will silence the ring and the call will roll to voicemail...

koufou

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
i just restarted my phone and the button decline appeared:raised-eyebrow:, but after a while it disappeared again :(
it couldn't be a feature, i think its a bug :(

koufou

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
its not a feature, its a bug, i restarted my phone and the decline button is there, after a while it disappeared again
disappointing :(

VeronicaTomlinson

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
It's not a "feature" it's a bug in my opinion. Sometimes we only have one hand to decline and "slide".... pushing in the power button, which is often recessed due to cases, is VERY inconvenient.

504n404

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
*****question solved****

the red button to "decline" calls will only appear if you receive a call while the phone is locked. when the phone is unlocked & a call comes in, the only way to decline, will be to double tap the top button. :yes:

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
*****question solved****

the red button to "decline" calls will only appear if you receive a call while the phone is locked. when the phone is unlocked & a call comes in, the only way to decline, will be to double tap the top button. :yes:

I had always wondered this LOL. Even back in iOS 6 I didn't have the option to "decline" a call all the time. iOS 7 is no different. I mostly would use the lock button anyways, but I did think about the button's appearance from time to time.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
*****question solved****

You have that backwards. The DECLINE button only appears on UNLOCKED phones. If the screen is LOCKED, you must double tap the lock button.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.PNG
    IMG_1726.PNG
    723.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1727.PNG
    IMG_1727.PNG
    892 KB · Views: 36

atbomblog

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

For those who say "just tap the power button," you are missing the true point of the Decline button. It gives you the option to send a quick reply text to the caller, like "I'm in a meeting" or "I'll call you right back." This is a truly beneficial feature when you need to let the caller know that you are ignoring their call for a reason.

The reason why it could be missing when the phone is locked, is because it allows you to send a text message to someone when the phone is locked and you may have it turned off. However, you can "supposedly" allow this feature under Settings>General>Passcode Lock>Reply with Message. However, I too have found that this is not working even when enabled. That's the true question and the true problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods