Ios7 and iPhone 4S

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Will be updating my 4S tethered to iTunes a few day after the 18th date comes out. I am going to let the servers calm down a bit to get a good solid and smooth download.

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Restore again without old backups this time.

Not everyone on i4S has his problem. This isn't as big as the battery drain issue that plague iPhone 4S with the daylight savings bug on iOS 5.0.1 .

Posted via CB10
I would do that but getting my pictures back in my camera roll without using a backup is so time consuming. I might have to though

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My average battery life of my 4S with all my apps installed plus sports notifications:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379301347.230641.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's nice. Did you update straight to the GM or did you start fresh? And is any of that usage music playback?

Restored as new and redownloaded my apps through the App Store since I have a windows PC I couldn't sync my iPhone with it yet.

That usage included 45 minutes of music playback (local storage). I don't stay signed in to Facebook or any apps like that when I'm not currently using them. I don't have location services on for anything including system services. I also did a full charge cycle twice in a row.

The battery drains while browsing the web or playing a game over 3G though so keep an eye on your battery level. Also turning off stocks in notification center can improve your battery life a bit since it retrieves data EVERY time you pull it down.

Overall as long as I can go 16 hours without having to charge my phone I'm good

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Restored as new and redownloaded my apps through the App Store since I have a windows PC I couldn't sync my iPhone with it yet.

That usage included 45 minutes of music playback (local storage). I don't stay signed in to Facebook or any apps like that when I'm not currently using them. I don't have location services on for anything including system services. I also did a full charge cycle twice in a row.

The battery drains while browsing the web or playing a game over 3G though so keep an eye on your battery level. Also turning off stocks in notification center can improve your battery life a bit since it retrieves data EVERY time you pull it down.

Overall as long as I can go 16 hours without having to charge my phone I'm good

I might restore as new later on today but I still have a feeling my battery life won't change. I have just about everything disabled in my settings except data and wifi literally lol. But I'll try that out and report back

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I might restore as new later on today but I still have a feeling my battery life won't change. I have just about everything disabled in my settings except data and wifi literally lol. But I'll try that out and report back

I always charge my iOS devices to 100% before restoring them and I think it makes a bit of a difference (it shouldn't but I've had weirder stuff happen).

I think you have an app "pinging for data" in the background and a good way to check that is charge your phone to 100% then disconnect the cable then lock it and keep it locked for 2 hours straight. Then check your usage. If your usage time is more than 1 or 2 minutes (minus any calls you get) than an app is "pinging for data" (your standby time should be around 2 hours). Also close any apps in the multitasking "cards".

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I always charge my iOS devices to 100% before restoring them and I think it makes a bit of a difference (it shouldn't but I've had weirder stuff happen).

I think you have an app "pinging for data" in the background and a good way to check that is charge your phone to 100% then disconnect the cable then lock it and keep it locked for 2 hours straight. Then check your usage. If your usage time is more than 1 or 2 minutes (minus any calls you get) than an app is "pinging for data" (your standby time should be around 2 hours). Also close any apps in the multitasking "cards".

Just restored as new and still suffering the same drain issues. 10 minutes of use on wifi and I'm down to 98. Maybe it's my phone

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just restored as new and still suffering the same drain issues. 10 minutes of use on wifi and I'm down to 98. Maybe it's my phone

If you got your phone the month it came out then a battery replacement might be a good idea of you are going to use it for another year

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... The only other things I can think of is brightness level and iCloud that could be affecting battery life.

Brightness is usually all the way up since I'm walking around campus most of the time. Only thing I have on in iCloud is Find my iPhone (to keep it from being restored if stolen) and iCloud backup

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Brightness is usually all the way up since I'm walking around campus most of the time. Only thing I have on in iCloud is Find my iPhone (to keep it from being restored if stolen) and iCloud backup

I have my brightness all the way down and iCloud off.

You could get a battery case for your iPhone to extend your battery life

lazaruz

Nov 11, 2000
Visit site
i betcha you have the auto-lock (General>settings>Auto-lock at something other than "never" ) when I switched from 5 minutes to 1 minute my battery usage dropped dramatically.
ymmv (fyi I am on ATT)

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have my brightness all the way down and iCloud off.

You could get a battery case for your iPhone to extend your battery life

Thanks I'll try that out and report back

i betcha you have the auto-lock (General>settings>Auto-lock at something other than "never" ) when I switched from 5 minutes to 1 minute my battery usage dropped dramatically.
ymmv (fyi I am on ATT)
My auto lock is on 1 minute. AT&T iPhones are known to have better battery life though. I'm on verizon

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Auto lock for my 4S is 1-Min. I have been using the phone all day, 12-hours off the charger and am at 90%. I loaded the GM the other day and just a basic restore from iCloud so I don't have my music or songs on this phone. No issues, heat or batter drain (AT&T)

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Auto lock for my 4S is 1-Min. I have been using the phone all day, 12-hours off the charger and am at 90%. I loaded the GM the other day and just a basic restore from iCloud so I don't have my music or songs on this phone. No issues, heat or batter drain (AT&T)
I guess battery life varies from phone to phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen