My average battery life of my 4S with all my apps installed plus sports notifications:

Ios7 and iPhone 4S-imageuploadedbytapatalk1379301347.230641.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-15-2013 11:16 PM
    My average battery life of my 4S with all my apps installed plus sports notifications:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379301347.230641.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	37916

Wow that's nice. Did you update straight to the GM or did you start fresh? And is any of that usage music playback?
    09-16-2013 06:12 AM
    Wow that's nice. Did you update straight to the GM or did you start fresh? And is any of that usage music playback?
    Restored as new and redownloaded my apps through the App Store since I have a windows PC I couldn't sync my iPhone with it yet.

That usage included 45 minutes of music playback (local storage). I don't stay signed in to Facebook or any apps like that when I'm not currently using them. I don't have location services on for anything including system services. I also did a full charge cycle twice in a row.

The battery drains while browsing the web or playing a game over 3G though so keep an eye on your battery level. Also turning off stocks in notification center can improve your battery life a bit since it retrieves data EVERY time you pull it down.

Overall as long as I can go 16 hours without having to charge my phone I'm good

09-16-2013 08:00 AM
    Restored as new and redownloaded my apps through the App Store since I have a windows PC I couldn't sync my iPhone with it yet.

That usage included 45 minutes of music playback (local storage). I don't stay signed in to Facebook or any apps like that when I'm not currently using them. I don't have location services on for anything including system services. I also did a full charge cycle twice in a row.

The battery drains while browsing the web or playing a game over 3G though so keep an eye on your battery level. Also turning off stocks in notification center can improve your battery life a bit since it retrieves data EVERY time you pull it down.

Overall as long as I can go 16 hours without having to charge my phone I'm good

I might restore as new later on today but I still have a feeling my battery life won't change. I have just about everything disabled in my settings except data and wifi literally lol. But I'll try that out and report back
    09-16-2013 10:27 AM
    I might restore as new later on today but I still have a feeling my battery life won't change. I have just about everything disabled in my settings except data and wifi literally lol. But I'll try that out and report back
    I always charge my iOS devices to 100% before restoring them and I think it makes a bit of a difference (it shouldn't but I've had weirder stuff happen).

I think you have an app "pinging for data" in the background and a good way to check that is charge your phone to 100% then disconnect the cable then lock it and keep it locked for 2 hours straight. Then check your usage. If your usage time is more than 1 or 2 minutes (minus any calls you get) than an app is "pinging for data" (your standby time should be around 2 hours). Also close any apps in the multitasking "cards".

09-16-2013 10:59 AM
    I always charge my iOS devices to 100% before restoring them and I think it makes a bit of a difference (it shouldn't but I've had weirder stuff happen).

I think you have an app "pinging for data" in the background and a good way to check that is charge your phone to 100% then disconnect the cable then lock it and keep it locked for 2 hours straight. Then check your usage. If your usage time is more than 1 or 2 minutes (minus any calls you get) than an app is "pinging for data" (your standby time should be around 2 hours). Also close any apps in the multitasking "cards".

Just restored as new and still suffering the same drain issues. 10 minutes of use on wifi and I'm down to 98. Maybe it's my phone
    09-16-2013 12:55 PM
    Just restored as new and still suffering the same drain issues. 10 minutes of use on wifi and I'm down to 98. Maybe it's my phone
    If you got your phone the month it came out then a battery replacement might be a good idea of you are going to use it for another year

09-16-2013 01:06 PM
    If you got your phone the month it came out then a battery replacement might be a good idea of you are going to use it for another year

I got it January of this year
    09-16-2013 01:43 PM
    I got it January of this year
    Hmmm... The only other things I can think of is brightness level and iCloud that could be affecting battery life.

09-16-2013 04:03 PM
    Hmmm... The only other things I can think of is brightness level and iCloud that could be affecting battery life.

Brightness is usually all the way up since I'm walking around campus most of the time. Only thing I have on in iCloud is Find my iPhone (to keep it from being restored if stolen) and iCloud backup
    09-16-2013 04:14 PM
    Brightness is usually all the way up since I'm walking around campus most of the time. Only thing I have on in iCloud is Find my iPhone (to keep it from being restored if stolen) and iCloud backup
    I have my brightness all the way down and iCloud off.

You could get a battery case for your iPhone to extend your battery life

09-16-2013 04:44 PM
    i betcha you have the auto-lock (General>settings>Auto-lock at something other than "never" ) when I switched from 5 minutes to 1 minute my battery usage dropped dramatically.
    ymmv (fyi I am on ATT)
    09-16-2013 05:10 PM
    I have my brightness all the way down and iCloud off.

You could get a battery case for your iPhone to extend your battery life

Thanks I'll try that out and report back

i betcha you have the auto-lock (General>settings>Auto-lock at something other than "never" ) when I switched from 5 minutes to 1 minute my battery usage dropped dramatically.
    ymmv (fyi I am on ATT)
    My auto lock is on 1 minute. AT&T iPhones are known to have better battery life though. I'm on verizon
    09-16-2013 05:57 PM
    Auto lock for my 4S is 1-Min. I have been using the phone all day, 12-hours off the charger and am at 90%. I loaded the GM the other day and just a basic restore from iCloud so I don't have my music or songs on this phone. No issues, heat or batter drain (AT&T)
    09-16-2013 10:34 PM
    Auto lock for my 4S is 1-Min. I have been using the phone all day, 12-hours off the charger and am at 90%. I loaded the GM the other day and just a basic restore from iCloud so I don't have my music or songs on this phone. No issues, heat or batter drain (AT&T)
    I guess battery life varies from phone to phone
    09-16-2013 11:42 PM
    That's usually been my update method too......let everyone & their mums bog down the servers the 1st day or 2 (then proceed to complain about how slow DL time is), while I hop in 3-4 days later & get my devices updated nice & smooth
    Honestly, what's the big deal about waiting a few more days?? I tend to review the forums more than usual the 1st few days after an update to see the reaction/bugs. It's never stopped me from updating, but its nice to know what to expect.

Happy updating everyone!!!
    09-18-2013 08:05 AM
    Can anyone help me. I have updated my iPhone 4S to ios 7 but have not been able to locate iTunes Radio. Is it available yet and is it available in the uk. Thanks all.
    09-18-2013 05:14 PM
    Can anyone help me. I have updated my iPhone 4S to ios 7 but have not been able to locate iTunes Radio. Is it available yet and is it available in the uk. Thanks all.
    On the iPad I went to the stock Music app and it gets pretty obvious from there. I live in the states though.
    09-18-2013 05:18 PM
    US only
    enots27 likes this.
    09-18-2013 05:18 PM
    Ah that's guttin. That's the main thing I was looking forward to ios7 for. Hopefully be in the uk soon.
    09-18-2013 05:20 PM
    Ah that's guttin. That's the main thing I was looking forward to ios7 for. Hopefully be in the uk soon.
    I'm guessing they have to get the licensing agreements with the music labels country by country.
    09-18-2013 05:23 PM
    They never allow stuff like that in the uk. Hopefully apple will have the leverage they need to convince them.
    09-18-2013 05:24 PM
    This is the battery life I am getting on my iPhone 4S with ios 7 just wondering what everyone else is getting and if mine is going well. Ios7 and iPhone 4S-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1379611658.168148.jpg
    09-19-2013 01:27 PM
    This is the battery life I am getting on my iPhone 4S with ios 7 just wondering what everyone else is getting and if mine is going well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379611658.168148.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	38227
    I get about the same. Never can get that much usage out of it
    09-19-2013 01:43 PM
    This is the battery life I am getting on my iPhone 4S with ios 7 just wondering what everyone else is getting and if mine is going well. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379611658.168148.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	38227
    This is mine:

Ios7 and iPhone 4S-imageuploadedbytapatalk1379612841.376527.jpg

09-19-2013 01:47 PM
66 123