iOS 7 ... Apple's biggest mistake

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh I see it now OK it looks to work the same I can live with it

Thanks for the screenshot

Sent from my iPhone 5

Yes, it works the same ... they just changed it up a bit to match the look of the rest of iOS 7... sometimes it’s hard to see what is being selected as you’re spinning the wheel(s), but functionally, it’s the same.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Here we go again. I understand everyone has their own opinion. But damn what can we really do? iOS 7 is set and done! I can't even stand the look of iOS 6 anymore. Looks so dated!!! Time to move on people.

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Overall, i think 7 is an improvement in function, although I dont love the icons. My biggest issue is the folders, especially on the ipad. I like to keep all my icons in folders, and now less icons fit on each page. In the ipad, I had all my apps of a certain type in one folder, and could see them all when I opened that folder. Now i have to scroll 3 pages. Why waste so much screen?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't hold out any longer...and <dang> but I love the look and features of the GM. Soooo pleased!

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5 iOS 7 GM goodness

Last edited by a moderator:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I showed iOS 7 to a student this morning. She was, in a word, horrified. Her exact words "it looks like Android." But is she ready to race out to buy her iPhone 5C? Absolutely.

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm enjoying iOS 7, so far. I was bored with Android, and the refresh to iOS came along at just the right time for me. I felt iOS 6 was ugly as sin, and it was a big part of why I wasn't using an iPhone. Yes, I want my phones OS to be functional, but I want it to look good, too. iOS 7 is just that. It looks good and is functional. My opinion, of course.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The OS is amazing. It has all the features and functionality we have been waiting for. Only downside: the terrible colors and icon set.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

3adnan

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
So basically many of you guys agree with me that the colors and theme is just way too much ..
And the thing is that Apple did not consider a smooth transformation .. from classic and glossy icons , to extremely colorful and flat icons is just too much for the eyes

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So basically many of you guys agree with me that the colors and theme is just way too much ..
And the thing is that Apple did not consider a smooth transformation .. from classic and glossy icons , to extremely colorful and flat icons is just too much for the eyes

Yes, many people agree with you, but not everyone....;)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't disagree more. I love the design of the icons and the colours.

I used to spend hours messing with UCCW making my GS3 look like iOS 7.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5 iOS 7 GM goodness

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I showed iOS 7 to a student this morning. She was, in a word, horrified. Her exact words "it looks like Android." But is she ready to race out to buy her iPhone 5C? Absolutely.

I'm not surprised by this. I'm kind of astonished though that someone would be ready to rush out and buy something that provoked that kind of reaction. Sign of the times?

- Matt

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn’t agree with "many". I’ll give you "some".

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not surprised by this. I'm kind of astonished though that someone would be ready to rush out and buy something that provoked that kind of reaction. Sign of the times?

- Matt

Alli teaches high school... many at that age are still doe-eyed and impressionable. :) And for many "buy" means hit up mom and/or dad to buy it for them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alli teaches high school... many at that age are still doe-eyed and impressionable. :) And for many "buy" means hit up mom and/or dad to buy it for them.

Yep. My daughter, who only likes iPhones, is hitting me up for a green iPhone 5C, but my mind is made up. She will be paying for it. She turns 18 in a few months.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
IOS 7 is fine by me. A much needed refresh, I just wish it hadn't taken them 6 years to do it though, but you gotta give Jony Ive credit ... it was done right.