iOS 7 ... Apple's biggest mistake

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree with a lot of your points. For example, I think Apple is trying too much to be like Android or Windows Phone and losing their focus. I really believe that the earlier iOS versions were "premium" compared to the competition. However, now I see iOS 7 wanting to be more like the competition - unfortunately. If you like it or not, they are all valid opinions as you cannot please everyone with everything a company does. It just seems in this case that I hear more negative comments than I have with any previous update. I'm sure a lot of these negative comments are also from people that hate change of any kind.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello there everyone !

I upgraded to iOS 7 GM although I am not a developer. I am really disappointed with iOS 7 .
Let me start with it's design , I seriously think iOS 7 font looks extremely cheap and it feels like not well done. The colors are way too much bright and colorful :/
the one thing I hated about Samsung phones ( Android OS ) is the extremely over colored look and everything feels fake. iOS 7 is exactly like that

Other than looks and design. I think iOS 7 is actually SLOWER than iOS 6 .. first of all the Multi-Tasking is extremely annoying
the way it goes back and then the apps feels like floating in the middle of nowhere is really ugly , it feels very un-stable , and it actually takes more time to go to the app that you want to close and then slide back to the menu.

And he worst thing that really really annoyed me is the Music app !! its extremely crowded and you feel like the text will just lay on top of each other !
and there is this bug that I do not understand , when I am playing music and my iPhone is locked .. and then when you pause the song or just stop it .. usually what happens is that the background shows again ( instead of the album art ) .. now with iOS 7 , it just stands there although music is not playing anymore !!!! and then I have to go the music app and close it and then go back to the lockscreen to get my background showing agian :/ Anyone facing this too ?

In the attachment below , you can see how close the text to each other , and how easy it is to tap on something else .. this is extremely annoying and it feels like the screen does not fit the software .. if iPhone 5s had a bigger screen , I would understand .. but its the same screen size .. :/
I am just completely disappointed with how the text feels unorganized

Eventually , when I first used the iOS 7 , I thought it was ****ty and very complicated " it was the exact opposite of simple " ... but I thought maybe this was just because its the beta version ... now , seeing the GM version still like that with many clutter and bugs...

I am not saying iOS 7 is a complete failure , I am just saying its far from becoming ready to go public :/

what do you think ?

PS : I am using now iOS 7 , and surely downgrading back to iOS 6

Works good for me. Too bad it's not for you.

Sent from somewhere.

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the original poster and a quick glance down my own fb wall shows I'm not alone either...

Attachments

• ios7.jpg
    ios7.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 60
  • ios7.jpg
    ios7.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 95

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Some of the changes are easier to adjust to. Some are simply awful. The colors on the reminders app and the pink theme in the music app are huge problems for me. Huge! :/

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
@kch50248 Unfortunately starting your post with Meh...says it all. I have a teenager thats grown out of saying that.

Are you REALLY a moderator? They must let just about anyone do that these days. Perhaps you should leave the comments to grown ups who can discuss without attacks on others who dont agree with them.

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
@taz323

Thank you at least your response is elequent. I do understand that lots do like it...but wish Apple would understand lots of us don't. Perhaps they should have made iOS7 with a choice of skins.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
@kch50248 Unfortunately starting your post with Meh...says it all. I have a teenager thats grown out of saying that.

Are you REALLY a moderator? They must let just about anyone do that these days. Perhaps you should leave the comments to grown ups who can discuss without attacks on others who dont agree with them.

Wow. That's not condescending at all.

I agree with him. The whiners are the ones heard most.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

you just proved my point... I'll keep getting things done. Enjoy!

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
After 5 days I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm actually stunned at how smooth it's running on the 4S. I play a lot of music on the phone and having quicker access to the music controls is making me happy.

I did not dislike the skeuomorphic thing at all and I was confused that there was, what felt like, sudden negative feelings about it. A few things I've read have cleared that up for me.

I've got complaints, but I'll be damned if it doesn't at least halfway feel like a new phone, which is a treat.

I'd say the phone has enjoyed greater benefits than the iPad in terms of becoming a more powerful tool.

It's not perfect, but "Apple's biggest mistake"? I strongly doubt it.

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
you just proved my point... I'll keep getting things done. Enjoy!

But you're not "just getting things done"... you're feeling the need to belittle people who dont agree with you... you just proved MY point. Let grown ups who can discuss differences without insults carry on while you "get things done" all on your own

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
And that's pretty much all that needs to be said.

"Facebook, it's the new bible"

Was not "fact checking" but actually was chatting with friends who also dont like it and they showed me a list of such pages. It simply illustrated that lots of people are not liking iOS7.

As I said earlier I understand lots do but enough dont that maybe a choice of skins would have been a better idea for Apple

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
But you're not "just getting things done"... you're feeling the need to belittle people who dont agree with you... you just proved MY point. Let grown ups who can discuss differences without insults carry on while you "get things done" all on your own

I feel the need to ask you where exactly he "belittled" anyone in any of his posts in this thread. I only see him mentioning that people who are negative towards the change are the ones who are vocal, which is always the case with anything really, while those who enjoy it are simply enjoying it. It sounds to me like you took his comment as a personal attack with no basis at all. Might I then suggest that you "grow up" and understand that not everyone agrees with your point of view.

Have a nice day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2