But you're not "just getting things done"... you're feeling the need to belittle people who dont agree with you... you just proved MY point. Let grown ups who can discuss differences without insults carry on while you "get things done" all on your own
    I feel the need to ask you where exactly he "belittled" anyone in any of his posts in this thread. I only see him mentioning that people who are negative towards the change are the ones who are vocal, which is always the case with anything really, while those who enjoy it are simply enjoying it. It sounds to me like you took his comment as a personal attack with no basis at all. Might I then suggest that you "grow up" and understand that not everyone agrees with your point of view.

Have a nice day.
    kch50428 and Fausty82 like this.
    09-28-2013 04:58 AM
    I think whats obvious is that with the exception of a very few people who did make reasoned arguments on both sides, this forum is not somewhere where people can actually have anything but an Apple fan boy perspective. Shame, but obviously a reasoned argument is above too many in here to keep bothering with.
    09-28-2013 07:28 AM
    I think the OP's feedback, while perhaps subjectively based (as we all have perceptions, biases, and emotionally rooted reactions), is probably similar to what others "first reaction" was after updating to iOS 7. In my opinion, it's interesting to see what people think, even if I may not share the same perspective.

With that said, the OP feedback was not my initial "first reaction".

Apple had to make a change to the OS at the feature and functionality level. Improved Notification Center, Control Center, and Multitasking are the main areas in my view.

They had to change as Android (TouchWiz 4.x is my comparative baseline) has offered the same features, functionality, and more for some time.

While I kept the example brief, my initial reaction was "it's about time".

Now, is iOS 7 perfect? No. Does Apple know this? Yes.
    Last edited by Dog5000; 09-28-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    09-28-2013 10:41 AM
    After reading who knows how many posts from people who don't like the look of iOS 7, I'm glad I don't get bothered by such things.
    I don't stare at the icons and wonder "Why would they choose that colour"?

I truly don't care what it it looks like,
    For me, Function trumps Aesthetics.

On that note, the only issue I have is with the new layout in the music app.
    Putting album art for each song means fewer songs per page, which means it takes longer to scroll through a playlist for example.
    To me that makes it slightly less functional.
    This only means a difference measured in seconds, so I can live with it, but for me it detracts from the UX as I have a fairly large music library.
    Maybe market research told apple that most people can't remember the names of songs and need that visual cue?

Overall, new features, new functions (eg: Notification Center) make iOS 7 a win in my opinion.
    @pegasl
    So far, you haven't said why you don't like it. This makes it seem to others as if maybe you just don't like change.
    Be specific.

EDIT:
    Another UX detraction in the music app.
    On the Now Playing screen, the timer-counter-slide-thing that tells you how much of the song has played, how much is left, which I quite obviously can't remember the name of ATM.
    It is now smaller than it was in previous versions of iOS.
    I find myself squinting or having to bring my eyes closer to see it now.
    Apple being a company that prides itself on the smallest details, I think they made a mistake here.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 09-28-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    09-28-2013 10:52 AM
    I absolutely love iOS 7. There are a few things here and there I'm still discovering or would liked tweaked in future updates, but overall, I find it a vast improvement over iOS 6. The reality is Apple had to update iOS or eventually get left in the dust by their competitors. There are plenty of examples of this in industry. Palm and Blackberry are prime examples.

I like the colorful aspects if the operating system and see that they mesh very nicely with the iPhone 5c and also look fine on the 5s considering how much sleeker that phone is in overall style.

Do some aspects teeming me of android? Yes. But the major difference for me here is that iOS 7 actually "just works." So I'm more than fine with that.
    09-28-2013 11:28 AM
    One more thing.
    Mult-tasking/App switcher.

The implementation used in iOS 7 makes the old one seem like using a T9 keypad.
    john_v likes this.
    09-28-2013 11:29 AM
    I've been using it since the day it was released and I absolutely love it. Bit of a culture shock for the first hour or two, but now I'm loving the overall coherent look.

Updated my wife's sister's iPhone from 6 to 7 just over an hour ago and I couldn't believe how drab and inconsistent iOS6 looks by comparison after using 7.

Loads of things I like about 7, but if I had to pick a favourite, the app switcher is fab - being able to quit an app with just a swipe of the thumb is awesome for obsessive types like me who hate having an app in memory if I'm not using it :-p
    CDG likes this.
    09-28-2013 12:12 PM
    But you're not "just getting things done"... you're feeling the need to belittle people who dont agree with you... you just proved MY point. Let grown ups who can discuss differences without insults carry on while you "get things done" all on your own
    I agree with you. Not everyone is a whiner. Forums are for people to post what they like and don't like. I am trying to get used to the white/brightness on my iPad3 but haven't gotten there yet. I so hurts my eyes and I have my brightness turned way done. Maybe I am just getting to old. LOL
    09-28-2013 03:23 PM
108 ... 345