I still don't like the way the icons look either, but I'm sure I will get used to them after a while.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-15-2013 09:37 AM
    So basically many of you guys agree with me that the colors and theme is just way too much ..
    And the thing is that Apple did not consider a smooth transformation .. from classic and glossy icons , to extremely colorful and flat icons is just too much for the eyes
    Coachbulldog and Grabber5.0 like this.
    09-15-2013 09:44 AM
    So basically many of you guys agree with me that the colors and theme is just way too much ..
    And the thing is that Apple did not consider a smooth transformation .. from classic and glossy icons , to extremely colorful and flat icons is just too much for the eyes
    Yes, many people agree with you, but not everyone....
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-15-2013 09:47 AM
    Yes, many people agree with you, but not everyone....
    true :P
    09-15-2013 10:17 AM
    I couldn't disagree more. I love the design of the icons and the colours.

I used to spend hours messing with UCCW making my GS3 look like iOS 7.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5 iOS 7 GM goodness
    09-15-2013 10:42 AM
    I showed iOS 7 to a student this morning. She was, in a word, horrified. Her exact words "it looks like Android." But is she ready to race out to buy her iPhone 5C? Absolutely.
    I'm not surprised by this. I'm kind of astonished though that someone would be ready to rush out and buy something that provoked that kind of reaction. Sign of the times?

- Matt
    09-15-2013 12:08 PM
    I wouldn’t agree with "many". I’ll give you "some".
    09-15-2013 12:10 PM
    I'm not surprised by this. I'm kind of astonished though that someone would be ready to rush out and buy something that provoked that kind of reaction. Sign of the times?

- Matt
    Alli teaches high school... many at that age are still doe-eyed and impressionable. And for many "buy" means hit up mom and/or dad to buy it for them.
    Just_Me_D, pr1nce and Alli like this.
    09-15-2013 12:12 PM
    Alli teaches high school... many at that age are still doe-eyed and impressionable. And for many "buy" means hit up mom and/or dad to buy it for them.
    Yep. My daughter, who only likes iPhones, is hitting me up for a green iPhone 5C, but my mind is made up. She will be paying for it. She turns 18 in a few months.
    Grabber5.0, kch50428 and pr1nce like this.
    09-15-2013 12:16 PM
    IOS 7 is fine by me. A much needed refresh, I just wish it hadn't taken them 6 years to do it though, but you gotta give Jony Ive credit ... it was done right.
    09-15-2013 01:18 PM
    I couldn't disagree more. I love the design of the icons and the colours.

I used to spend hours messing with UCCW making my GS3 look like iOS 7.

BB8130<BB8330<BB9530<Palm Pre<HTC Desire Z<Galaxy S i9000M<iPhone 4<Palm Pixi Plus<Lumia 720<BB 9900<SGS 3<BB Z10<iPhone 5 iOS 7 GM goodness
    I'm with you. Although I don't have the pleasure of having iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 yet, I've looked at pics and videos of it and I think it looks amazing. I've already done a backup and am counting the minutes. Bring it on!!
    09-15-2013 01:33 PM
    I found iOS 7 to be great as a beta tester and I can't wait to update
    09-15-2013 02:06 PM
    I found iOS 7 to be great as a beta tester and I can't wait to update
    If you were a beta tester, what are you waiting for? Get the GM and be done with it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-15-2013 02:09 PM
    IOS 7 is fine by me. A much needed refresh, I just wish it hadn't taken them 6 years to do it though, but you gotta give Jony Ive credit ... it was done right.
    I differ with you a tad. Although the UI was old, the iPhone still catered to my smartphone needs perfectly, and even if they hadn't changed the way it looked, I still would have purchased another one. Besides, a lot of people simply jailbroke their iPhones to get the exact look they wanted and I'm sure many will continue to do so once a jailbreak is available for iOS 7.
    09-15-2013 02:23 PM
    Love it... except some animations that make my interface feel slow sometimes, but I sure that's something it can be improved over time
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-15-2013 02:58 PM
    I differ with you a tad. Although the UI was old, the iPhone still catered to my smartphone needs perfectly, and even if they hadn't changed the way it looked, I still would have purchased another one. Besides, a lot of people simply jailbroke their iPhones to get the exact look they wanted and I'm sure many will continue to do so once a jailbreak is available for iOS 7.
    I was speaking more of the over feel, and improved functionality than just the cosmetic changes. If customization & pretty icons are peoples main concerns then they are best served by skipping iPhones altogether, and go straight to Android.
    09-15-2013 02:58 PM
    Love it... except some animations that make my interface feel slow sometimes, but I sure that's something it can be improved over time
    Can the animations be turned off?

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    09-15-2013 03:00 PM
    Can the animations be turned off?

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    ​Not from what I can tell.
    09-15-2013 03:06 PM
    I was speaking more of the over feel, and improved functionality than just the cosmetic changes. If customization & pretty icons are peoples main concerns then they are best served by skipping iPhones altogether, and go straight to Android.
    Oh okay. I understand...
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-15-2013 03:07 PM

- Matt
    I think it was more that she really dislikes Android and is staying with iOS. She prefers the iPhone and will get used to the new look. But yea, kids are impressionable. This one, won't, however, be hitting up anyone to buy it for her.
    09-15-2013 03:49 PM
    I like the design of iOS 7 except for the photo app icon cause to me it makes no sense at all. Other than that I like all the new features. I would give iOS 7 a 8.9/10 cause they removed "tap to post" and "tap to tweet" for notification center and I used those a lot.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-15-2013 03:49 PM
    I thought so at first but after a couple of weeks going back to iOS 6 just looks wrong. It really grew on me.
    09-15-2013 08:07 PM
    What I've seen so far I'm not crazy about the colors either. But I'm sure after a few days I'll get used to it. Especially, since the functionality and features are there.
    09-15-2013 09:02 PM
    I've been using iOS 7 for a few days now. I upgraded to the GM version. So far I think it is great. Apple has given us a fresh look on the operating system and it just works. I will have to admit it has some resemblances to windows phone 8, except for the live tiles. It seems like the battery life is better than previous version. It is smooth and the new features really stand out. The control center is very useful and the redesign of the notification center is gorgeous. Overall I think the OS is sleek and gives nice change of pace if you were getting bored of the old style.
    SprSynJn likes this.
    09-16-2013 01:45 AM
    Seeing all these posts is making the wait that much harder to bear. I'd be fine with the current iOS, that's for certain, but I really like the new look. I still have my first generation iPad, so it's going to be odd having two totally different iOS versions I think.

Bring it Apple! I'm going to be using the hell out of it.
    09-16-2013 02:27 AM
108 12345