Ok, admittedly I have a dev account and just working from Windows at this time.

I have installed each iOS7 beta to date

Since iOS7 requires iTunes 11.1 and there is no Windows version I am completely stuck.

I have installed GM, but iTunes won't connect. I don't have the previous betas on file and developer downloads only list GM. So, even if I go to DFU mode and start from scratch I can't restore today's backup.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Matt Weisgerber; 09-10-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    09-10-2013 07:23 PM
    Ok, admittedly I have a dev account and just working from Windows at this time.

I have installed each iOS7 beta to date

Since iOS7 requires iTunes 11.1 and there is no Windows version I am completely stuck.

I have installed GM, but iTunes won't connect. I don't have the previous betas on file and developer downloads only list GM. So, even if I go to DFU mode and start from scratch I can't restore today's backup.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    There's a beta for iTunes that's unfortunately not available for Windows. Once you install the GM - you'll need to restore from your last iCloud back-up.
    09-10-2013 07:40 PM
    There's a beta for iTunes that's unfortunately not available for Windows. Once you install the GM - you'll need to restore from your last iCloud back-up.
    FWIW, it’s not that the GM release is not "compatible" with Windows... you just can’t restore a backup from a Windows machine. Back your phone up to iCloud, and it’s all good.
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-10-2013 07:44 PM
    FWIW, it’s not that the GM release is not "compatible" with Windows... you just can’t restore a backup from a Windows machine. Back your phone up to iCloud, and it’s all good.
    Good to know.
    09-10-2013 07:48 PM
    The issue is that I backed up locally. And now can't restore since I don't have that beta version. If I did, I assume I could: install the beta previous to GM, restore from today's local backup, backup again now to cloud, install GM, restore...

Is there a download section with the previous betas I don't know about?

Thanks for the replies!
    09-10-2013 08:07 PM
    Once you have the GM there's no going back to previous betas as far as I know...
    09-10-2013 08:50 PM
    It's absolutely absurd that Apple would release the Gold Master to developers and then require a specific version of iTunes that is not yet compatible with Windows -- the most-used operating system on the planet. Hate on it all you want, but facts are facts, and this is idiotic.

I have an iCloud backup and could certainly run the update, but iCloud won't restore all of my music -- which means now I have to wait, despite the fact that I'm a developer with an account I've paid for. For a company that pays attention to detail at the level that Apple does, I can't help but think this is somehow intentional. The love's starting to wear thin, Apple. Stop alienating people because they choose to use other software occasionally.

//ugh, sorry, rant over.
    09-10-2013 10:50 PM
    It's absolutely absurd that Apple would release the Gold Master to developers and then require a specific version of iTunes that is not yet compatible with Windows -- the most-used operating system on the planet. Hate on it all you want, but facts are facts, and this is idiotic.

I have an iCloud backup and could certainly run the update, but iCloud won't restore all of my music -- which means now I have to wait, despite the fact that I'm a developer with an account I've paid for. For a company that pays attention to detail at the level that Apple does, I can't help but think this is somehow intentional. The love's starting to wear thin, Apple. Stop alienating people because they choose to use other software occasionally.

//ugh, sorry, rant over.
    I hear what you’re saying... but the Mac computer line is part of the Apple ecosystem. Windows is not. Since there was never an iTunes 11.1 beta for the Windows environment all through the beta cycle, this should not be "breaking news".
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-10-2013 10:58 PM

//ugh, sorry, rant over.
    I did a shift update vs a restore and didn't lose any data

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    09-10-2013 11:03 PM
    No question, but this is the first version of iOS 7 requiring an unavailable version of iTunes in the entire development cycle.
    09-10-2013 11:03 PM
    I did a shift update vs a restore and didn't lose any data

Really. So it didn't format prior to install?
    09-10-2013 11:04 PM
    Really. So it didn't format prior to install?
    Nope I have done both my 5 and my ipad

09-10-2013 11:05 PM

//ugh, sorry, rant over.
    Except all Apple developers should have Macs and therefore can install the iTunes beta. I'm guessing there will be a Windows iTunes update before iOS 7 is released to the public.
    09-10-2013 11:08 PM
    Except all Apple developers should have Macs and therefore can install the iTunes beta. I'm guessing there will be a Windows iTunes update before iOS 7 is released to the public.
    Yea, it should be released either Friday or Monday
    09-10-2013 11:10 PM
    I can confirm what Peligro911 said above -- I did the Shift / Update rather than Shift / Restore and all of my data is intact, so a resync with iTunes is not necessary.
    09-10-2013 11:19 PM
    I can confirm what Peligro911 said above -- I did the Shift / Update rather than Shift / Restore and all of my data is intact, so a resync with iTunes is not necessary.
    Glad you got it .. Have a good night

09-10-2013 11:24 PM
    I have a Mac with iTunes 11.1 and I installed GM on my iPhone 5 and iTunes still won't allow me to restore from backup. I get a message saying iTunes cannot connect to sync services. Now I'm stuck with a phone with no info in it for two weeks 😢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-11-2013 12:38 AM
    Does the shift+update method also saves your music library?
    09-11-2013 05:28 AM
    I backed up my phone to iCloud but apparently didn't do it over wifi so now my latest backup is from over 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to get my data back??
    09-11-2013 06:06 AM
    I posted this in a different thread but I'll post it here also:

If you update to iOS 7 GM with a windows computer you won't be able to sync, update or restore your phone with iTunes until apple releases iTunes 11.1 for windows (not sure if DFU mode + iTunes 11.0.5 to restore will work though).

Shift+update keeps your data on your device, Shift+restore clears everything off your device

I hope this helps people in this thread
    09-11-2013 07:40 AM
    Can I get back my data after the new iTunes releases? Since I backed it up before installing the GM.
    09-11-2013 07:46 AM
    Can I get back my data after the new iTunes releases? Since I backed it up before installing the GM.
    You should be able to
    09-11-2013 07:55 AM
    I posted this in a different thread but I'll post it here also:

If you update to iOS 7 GM with a windows computer you won't be able to sync, update or restore your phone with iTunes until apple releases iTunes 11.1 for windows (not sure if DFU mode + iTunes 11.0.5 to restore will work though).

Shift+update keeps your data on your device, Shift+restore clears everything off your device

I hope this helps people in this thread
    Your mileage may vary, but going from a beta to the GM I would never just run the update. I always restore back to the official release and then restore to the GM.

Backing up via iCloud, installing the GM and restoring from iCloud backup worked perfectly for me. I was at home and my mac was sitting here at work yesterday.
    09-11-2013 08:48 AM
    Most developers have a Mac,because you can't develop without a Mac.I believe you can't run Xcode on a Windows computer.Apple may release the new iTunes next week,when it launches iOS 7.
    09-11-2013 10:42 AM
    Always use iCloud here.... Installed yesterday and restore from Cloud... No reason for iTunes, but to install..
    audit likes this.
    09-11-2013 10:46 AM