iOS 7 Developer GM out via Dev Portal

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This seems kind of odd but I have noticed a couple of my apps have stopped working since upgrading from ios 7 beta 6 to the GM.

In particular, the Any.Do "Cal" app which is one of my essential apps. Basically it closes when trying to perform any option. Someone out there most use this too...I imagine whatever the issue may be it will be fixed next Wednesday or Thursday.

I've yet to experience a problem with the Any.Do Cal app. I've experimented with it and it works like a charm so all I can do is recommend that you delete the app and then re-install it.

Tomtom111

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
To whoever said that app developers aren't allowed to update their apps for iOS7 before the official release, why is this update out today nearly a week before the official release of iOS7?
image.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
To whoever said that app developers aren't allowed to update their apps for iOS7 before the official release, why is this update out today nearly a week before the official release of iOS7?
View attachment 37751

Apple started allowing developers to submit app updates for iOS7 only yesterday... it's theoretically possible this one got prematurely released.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 37751

I posted last night that I saw a few trickle through with a batch of iOS app updates last night. There was no delay in developers submitting apps to Apple, but Apple was not approving them and releasing them to the app store... but as Keith said, Apple did put out the call yesterday for iOS 7-ready apps (meaning that they use the iOS 7 SDK and iOS 7 specific APIs) ... I’ve seen several more come through today...

http://forums.imore.com/ios-7/261537-ios-7-developer-gm-out-via-dev-portal-2.html#post2076526

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
View attachment 37751

Apple encouraged developers after the event to start submitting iOS 7 apps. That was Tuesday the 10th.
Apple calls for developers to submit iOS 7 apps | iMore

Just for the people that ask why the GM is the same version as the public release yet have an 8 day gap
between releases, it's simple. It gives developers 8 days to begin submitting their iOS 7 capable apps to
be updated in time for when your phone gets iOS 7 so people don't go giving bad reviews on an app that
doesn't play nicely with iOS 7 before it even has a chance of being updated. Hopefully by Wednesday plenty
of these apps will get the proper update they need.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is absolutely terrible since updating to the GM. It's lasting no more than 4-5 hours whereas before I was easily getting 10-12 hours before needing to charge it. Very worrying considering this is the GM version and things are unlikely to really change now.

I did a clean install.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was testing the updated Siri and was impressed. My requests were easily understood and the responses were almost immediate. I hope it continues.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I was testing the updated Siri and was impressed. My requests were easily understood and the responses were almost immediate. I hope it continues.

I agree. She is so much better. You can ask almost anything and get a response. I was really impressed when I said " Roll Tide" and she told me that Alabama had just beaten Texas A&M and gave me the score and then the team roster. Twitter searching is really good, too.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Who's ready for iOS 7.0.1? 7.0.2? Or 7.1 even? One of "the usual suspects" That mongers rumors tweeted that all 3 of those OS versions are showing up as in testing inside Apple.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Who's ready for iOS 7.0.1? 7.0.2? Or 7.1 even? One of "the usual suspects" That mongers rumors tweeted that all 3 of those OS versions are showing up as in testing inside Apple.
Bring 'em on. I will see them as improvements to an already good OS.

chris_328

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
IOS 7.0.1 = bug fix
7.0.2 = another bug fix (I hope it will be the unlock sound)
7.1 = panorama wallpapers, keychain and IOS in the car

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods