iOS 7 Developer GM out via Dev Portal

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So using a picture taken with the camera and using it as a lockscreen wallpaper can only
be done with having the pic zoomed all the way in? Can't zoom it out anymore?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
hi

i cant find my iPhone model MD299AE\A

so i cant chose one of the iPhone 5 ?

and hat is OTA ?

The model# is on the back of the phone in really small print... :)

And it is not OTA. You need to download from Apple if you're a developer - or find an unauthorized source if not a developer...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Strange. When I turn parallax off and set a new wallpaper it doesn't zoom in, it only does that with parallax turned on so maybe it is a bug.

Weird. I had to take a screenshot of the picture and use that for the wallpaper.
"Reduce Motion" toggled to off zooms the picture in a bit more than it does when
it's turn to on. I kept it "on" now even for the screen shot.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I am also one of those OCD people missing the unlock sound. I was hoping they would add it back in the GM and thought maybe it had something to do with unlocking via Touch ID but still nothing. Maybe the sound was too short for the icon fly-in animation ;)

While it is minor, I hope iMore puts a poll up after iOS 7's public release asking if it's missed or if people even noticed.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Strange. When I turn parallax off and set a new wallpaper it doesn't zoom in, it only does that with parallax turned on so maybe it is a bug.

I don’t think it’s a bug.. I think it’s how Apple wants/needs it to work with parallax. Turning off parallax (Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > ON) causes it to allow you to position wallpaper exactly as you want it. Turning parallax on (Reduce Motion > OFF) causes the wallpaper to "float", but needs the full image to do that...

Discussion on the Apple developer forums seem to be of the same opinion...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
hi

i cant find my iPhone model MD299AE\A

so i cant chose one of the iPhone 5 ?

and hat is OTA ?

The model# is on the back of the phone in really small print... :)

And it is not OTA. You need to download from Apple if you're a developer - or find an unauthorized source if not a developer...

Also, if you are using Windows, back your device up to the iCloud (rather than the computer) - there is no compatible version of iTunes for the Windows environment (yet). You will be able to backup your phone to your computer, install the GM version, but you WILL NOT be able to sync/restore from Windows/iTunes backup after upgrading.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don’t think it’s a bug.. I think it’s how Apple wants/needs it to work with parallax. Turning off parallax (Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion > ON) causes it to allow you to position wallpaper exactly as you want it. Turning parallax on (Reduce Motion > OFF) causes the wallpaper to "float", but needs the full image to do that...

Discussion on the Apple developer forums seem to be of the same opinion...
True. Except let you zoom out to how you would like it.

isuck

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the map exhibits and frequent locations log are gone? All the previous data/ locations were deleted in the GM restore process. I really liked that feature. I can't tell if it's logging.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the map exhibits and frequent locations log are gone? All the previous data/ locations were deleted in the GM restore process. I really liked that feature. I can't tell if it's logging.

My frequent locations log is intact... try turning it off - reboot the phone - turn it back on and watch what it does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2