iOS 7 Developer GM out via Dev Portal

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I am shocked at the lack of posts about the new features. Has anyone noticed anything new aside from the stock wallpapers and new ringtones?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone who's downloaded the GM know if some of the more persistent bugs were fixed, like the signal issue and the lack of a call ignore button on the lock screen?

Decline is there.

No signal issues

Most that I have looked up so far at work. Seem to be squashed. Still looking it over.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice new wallpapers.

All the problems on my iPad 2 seem to be fixed, and it's going quickly again. (It'd slowed down greatly, with beta 5.)

Even the Podcasts app is working again on the iPhone 5.

This is an operating system that has most of the glaring bugs worked out -- it's running as smoothly as it was at beta 3. (Betas 4-6 added problems.)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
On lock screen when sleep. It only answer. But to decline. I hit the power button and it bumps the call to voice mail.

If memory serves, there was no DECLINE (or IGNORE or other wording) from the lockscreen before. Only when the phone was already unlocked.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am running Itunes on Windows Vista computer, I have been able to do this before with IOS7 beta, (only kept on phone for a day), but if I run into problems upgrading to IOS7 GM, and I put the phone into DFU mode will Itunes for windows be able to restore the phone back to the currently signed IOS 6.1.4? Has anyone tried this and know if it works? Thanks so much!

Also wondering if when upgrading to IOS7GM in Windows if you are better using shift+Update or shift+Restore? Thanks!

RescueEMT911

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I am surprised that Apple never brought back the panoramic wallpaper feature, I thought it was really cool (and only a little buggy). Maybe they will release it down the road with a future ios 7 update?

JLopez149

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have been running IOS 7 since beta 1 with no issues. I have iTunes 11.1 (beta 2) and have already installed GM. All went smooth until I went to restore my phone from computer backup and I am getting "itunes was unable to load data class info from sync services. Reconnect or try again later" has anyone else gotten this message? I need to try to get my info back on my phone. thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am running Itunes on Windows Vista computer, I have been able to do this before with IOS7 beta, (only kept on phone for a day), but if I run into problems upgrading to IOS7 GM, and I put the phone into DFU mode will Itunes for windows be able to restore the phone back to the currently signed IOS 6.1.4? Has anyone tried this and know if it works? Thanks so much!

Also wondering if when upgrading to IOS7GM in Windows if you are better using shift+Update or shift+Restore? Thanks!

RescueEMT911

If you update to iOS 7 GM with a windows computer you won't be able to sync, update or restore your phone with iTunes until apple releases iTunes 11.1 for windows (not sure with the DFU mode + iTunes 11.0.5 part though)

Shift+update keeps your data on your device, shift+restore clears everything off your device

JLopez149

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
If you update to iOS 7 GM with a windows computer you won't be able to sync, update or restore your phone with iTunes until apple releases iTunes 11.1 for windows (not sure with the DFU mode + iTunes 11.0.5 part though)

Shift+update keeps your data on your device, shift+restore clears everything off your device

Thanks. I have a Mac with 11.1 already installed and it still will not allow me to restore from backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro