iOS 7 Developer GM out via Dev Portal

Ryan Nelson4

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
There is no Itunes 11.1 for Windows.
I backed up my iPhone 4s using Itunes 11.0.5.5, installed the GM, but it wouldnt restore the phone. It pops up a message saying the connected iPhone requires Itunes 11.1 (which has not been released for Windows yet). I ended up restoring from last night's icloud backup.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iTunes stuck at "waiting for iPhone".... Help?

do you have a passcode set on your phone? if so, you have to unlock the phone to allow iTunes/the update process to see it... otherwise, just be patient... it took about 10 minutes to update each of my devices (iPhone 5 and iPad Mini)...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is no Itunes 11.1 for Windows.
I backed up my iPhone 4s using Itunes 11.0.5.5, installed the GM, but it wouldnt restore the phone. It pops up a message saying the connected iPhone requires Itunes 11.1 (which has not been released for Windows yet). I ended up restoring from last night's icloud backup.

The developer forums are currently "down for maintenance", but check there later. There has to be something mentioned in the forums...

hochy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It was stuck for 15+ minutes. I resorted to putting my iPhone in recovery and restoring. I have a PC so I suppose I cannot install the GM.

jxng

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have version 11.0.5.5 of iTunes for Windows.. will it work installing the GM? My Mac broke and I'm afraid to brick my iPhone...

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It was... via the dev portal.

Since GM is not intended for the masses, the implications are that iTunes will be updated when iOS 7 is released to the public.

Wait....now I'm confused...maybe im just slow today, i haven't gone into the Dev Center yet but is there a iTunes 11.1 Beta 3 or is it still at Beta 2?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It was stuck for 15+ minutes. I resorted to putting my iPhone in recovery and restoring. I have a PC so I suppose I cannot install the GM.

You can install it. It just won't connect to your iTunes again once it's been installed, until you have iTunes 11.1 installed.

So back up to iCloud if you want to do the proper restore process to update it and then restore your old content/settings. (Otherwise, "update" and keep your other stuff.)

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm rockin' and rollin' with the new OS. It's a billion times faster! j/p, simple bug fixes, and now I can pull up the drawer from the bottom while in messages.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For those of you who go looking for iTunes 11.1 Beta for Windows, it doesn't exist. Only for Macs.
So if you install the Gold Master on the latest Windows version of iTunes, it'll install. You just can't
sync your stuff back on iTunes. Only through an iCloud backup.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wait....now I'm confused...maybe im just slow today, i haven't gone into the Dev Center yet but is there a iTunes 11.1 Beta 3 or is it still at Beta 2?

It’s still beta 2, which is all one needs to be able to install/sync. The discussion was relative to the general public. There will be a new release of iTunes (11.1) that is associated with the public release of iOS 7. The issue at hand is the number of non-devs who want to install the GM version, but can’t get the latest iTunes version (11.1 b2) that supports/allow it.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Trying to update to GM but I keep getting this message:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4027).

I downloaded the ios 7 GM from the apple site, went to itunes, held down option + restore iphone (clicked the GM file) and I keep getting that message.

Anyone know what I am doing incorrectly?

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Not having iTunes Beta for Windows is a pain in the backside! GM version installed but because I did a clean install i'll have to wait until it hits Windows for me to be able to sync my music ??

Still, GM is lightning fast, the new wallpapers & ringtones are petty awesome too. A few minor bugs fixed.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I like the new tones and ringtones. The additional colors for the dynamic wallpapers is a nice touch as well. The 'sent' sound in messages sounds a little different. Very pleased.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone who's downloaded the GM know if some of the more persistent bugs were fixed, like the signal issue and the lack of a call ignore button on the lock screen?