I have to ask was anyone caught off guard when Apple announced this?
    09-10-2013 03:18 PM
    I have to ask was anyone caught off guard when Apple announced this?
    Yes I was. It's funny cause I bought both apps now the y free

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2 pro
    09-10-2013 03:19 PM
    Yes I was. It's funny cause I bought both apps now the y free

Apple should have made the apps free for all devices eligible to be upgraded to iOS 7, in my opinion.
    09-10-2013 05:54 PM
    Apple should have made the apps free for all devices eligible to be upgraded to iOS 7, in my opinion.
    Yeah I feel your pain. But they are doing this to boost there sales.

09-10-2013 05:55 PM
    So this won't be free until you turn on a brand new 5s or 5C or I assume a device that has not been registered with apple ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    09-10-2013 08:55 PM
    But when you do a fresh restore,iTunes activates your iPhone again...so if I do a full restore to iOS 7,will I get them? (it even says "Activating iPhone,this make take a few minutes - or something like that)...
    Really confused,Apple should make them free for all or release a new statement which describes the situation better.
    09-11-2013 10:37 AM
    09-11-2013 10:41 AM

Yeah, I suppose, but I guess I'm underestimating the amount of people who actually use their iPhone for word processing, spreadsheet and presentations.
    09-11-2013 10:43 AM
    So this won't be free until you turn on a brand new 5s or 5C or I assume a device that has not been registered with apple ?

​That is my understanding at this time...
    John Yester likes this.
    09-11-2013 10:43 AM
    Heh, heh.

Because, however good the 'idea' of being able to sync between devices and/or a real computer, the iWorks Suite is about as relevant to a majority of the business community (and just plain folks) as producing/saving things in Clarisworks or Microsoft Works. And assuming that iCloud is up and running or that Apple doesn't get bored with that online service - as they've done in the past.

Same holds true for Google Drive, BTW, but at least Google didn't make it pay to play on their Android OS.
    09-11-2013 03:20 PM
    Does anyone have iMovie for their iPhone? Is it a cool app, or is it hard to use on the 4 in screen?
    09-14-2013 02:29 PM
    Yeah, I suppose, but I guess I'm underestimating the amount of people who actually use their iPhone for word processing, spreadsheet and presentations.
    I am only a sample size of one, but as a public school teacher I make extensive use of these functions.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-14-2013 02:35 PM
    Does anyone have iMovie for their iPhone? Is it a cool app, or is it hard to use on the 4 in screen?
    I have iMovie on my 4S and it's not really hard to use but it could be a lot easier if the screen was wider. I think that would carry over to the 4" screen as well since it's not really any wider.
    mountainman likes this.
    09-14-2013 03:59 PM
    What is iMovie and iPhoto?
    09-14-2013 04:55 PM
    What is iMovie and iPhoto?
    Apple's movie and photo editing software

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imov...mUvbUpU2078332
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ipho...mUvbUpU2078332
    09-14-2013 05:18 PM

No it will be done during the setup process where somewhere around here there is a screenshot I posted showing that during setup it will pop up, you hit one button and it will download everything in one sweet package.
    09-14-2013 05:23 PM
    No it will be done during the setup process where somewhere around here there is a screenshot I posted showing that during setup it will pop up, you hit one button and it will download everything in one sweet package.
    I hope I can setup as new and download lol

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !
    09-14-2013 05:25 PM
    I do when I take notes. It's pretty useful.

09-15-2013 08:59 AM
    Copied straight from apple's site:

"iPhoto, iMovie, Keynote, Pages and Numbers are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7 compatible devices activated after September 1, 2013. See www.apple.ca/ios/whats-new/ for iOS 7 compatible devices. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-15-2013 07:30 PM

"iPhoto, iMovie, Keynote, Pages and Numbers are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7 compatible devices activated after September 1, 2013. See www.apple.ca/ios/whats-new/ for iOS 7 compatible devices. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID"

That's the key "activated " so no matter if you restore your device has already been activated

09-15-2013 09:43 PM
    That's great that it works for 5c and 5s activations, but what about those of us that just bought the 5 a year ago and are following the 2 year upgrade plan that Apple and the carriers subscribe to? They should just make it free for all iOS 7 devices.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    09-15-2013 10:44 PM
    That's great that it works for 5c and 5s activations, but what about those of us that just bought the 5 a year ago and are following the 2 year upgrade plan that Apple and the carriers subscribe to? They should just make it free for all iOS 7 devices.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    That would make the most sense if they want to spur adoption of iWork on iOS and iWork in the cloud
    jclisenby likes this.
    09-15-2013 10:55 PM

Rats...
    09-16-2013 02:37 AM
    I use iMovie a lot but never used iWork apps glad it will be free
    09-16-2013 03:13 AM