iOS 7 Release date September 18th

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It has been mentioned before that updating through iTunes gives it a sort of "fresh" install doesn't it? By that I mean it completely wipes it clean and then installs the newest version. While doing it on the phone directly doesn't. Am I wrong in assuming so?

Yes, I have heard this as well and there are those who believe it is best to Setup as New iPhone and restore manually. As I said above, though. I have updated many times using the OTA method and simply restored from my iCloud back up. My iPhones have never had any issues from doing it this way in the past. I guess it all comes down to a persons comfort level where OTA VS iTunes updates are concerned.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Where is the official ios 7 party !!!!!!????

keep-calm-the-party-is-coming-soon-4.png

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I got all excited as I thought today was the release. Eurgh. Too much work and stress. I dislike grad. school. Tomorrow then :p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Not a bad idea. Even if I do update OTA I will plug into power 1st for sure.

errrr...i should've clarified better when i said that my "battery life took a hit" I meant that after the ota install was complete and i was on my way with the new shiny iOS5, my battery life was terrible-meaning my usage/standby times were unacceptable, and that's why i had to restore as new.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm no expert, but some feel that it is best to update through iTunes. However, Since OTA became available for iOS updates that is what I've always done and never once had a problem. I just make sure I back everything up through iCloud first before going ahead with the update. My thing is, OTA was created for a reason so why not use it, ya know?

This is what I do as we'll IR,

Good Luck

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
ohhh to much wait for 7 os should i directly update without backing up of device my apps ....... want to know more ios7 futures ...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner