iOS 7 Release date September 18th

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I AM SO PSHYCHED FOR THIS NEW UPDATE!!! Omg this is probably the things that'll make me stay with apple forever ;) It looks is sleek, and very clean I also love the new features that have been added on. I mean unlimited apps in a folder that's going to be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Miguel John1

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I AM SO PSHYCHED FOR THIS NEW UPDATE!!! Omg this is probably the things that'll make me stay with apple forever ;) It looks is sleek, and very clean I also love the new features that have been added on. I mean unlimited apps in a folder that's going to be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

it's not really unlimited...i'm pretty sure its like 8 pages or something

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually a bit surprised the iTunes update hasn't hit yet...

I'm surprised too... The iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C requires iTunes 11.1 so it would have to be released tomorrow... What time though is the question...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iOS7 should drop at 1PM Eastern Time... iTunes could update any time before that...

As long as both don't get released at the same time. Looks like apple's servers are going to be busy tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually a bit surprised the iTunes update hasn't hit yet...

Apples community was saying that it should be out either today or tomorrow for windows. It's not needed though as people can always update to iOS 7 OTA. This is what I'll be doing if iTunes 11.1 isn't out soon for Windows users.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Apples community was saying that it should be out either today or tomorrow for windows. It's not needed though as people can always update to iOS 7 OTA. This is what I'll be doing if iTunes 11.1 isn't out soon for Windows users.

Same here, but which way is best for updating , OTA or through ITunes.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Same here, but which way is best for updating , OTA or through ITunes.
I'm no expert, but some feel that it is best to update through iTunes. However, Since OTA became available for iOS updates that is what I've always done and never once had a problem. I just make sure I back everything up through iCloud first before going ahead with the update. My thing is, OTA was created for a reason so why not use it, ya know?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm no expert, but some feel that it is best to update through iTunes. However, Since OTA became available for iOS updates that is what I've always done and never once had a problem. I just make sure I back everything up through iCloud first before going ahead with the update. My thing is, OTA was created for a reason so why not use it, ya know?

Makes a lot sense to me.thanks

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm in the same boat as you as far as waiting on the windows itunes 11.1 version. But, one thing I'm a stickler on, especially when going from one iOS to a new version in this case 6.1 to 7, I won't update OTA. I will keep my patience and wait it out for the itunes 11.1 windows version so that I can usb to my laptop and install iOS7 that way. In fact, since having my 4S from Nov.2011, I've only done 1 ota update, going from 4.8(?) to 5, and my battery life took a hit - had to restore as new...what a pita, lol. SO, needless to say, since then, I hook up directly to itunes now:) and if that means I have to wait a day or 2 more for the update to come out, i will :)

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you as far as waiting on the windows itunes 11.1 version. But, one thing I'm a stickler on, especially when going from one iOS to a new version in this case 6.1 to 7, I won't update OTA. I will keep my patience and wait it out for the itunes 11.1 windows version so that I can usb to my laptop and install iOS7 that way. In fact, since having my 4S from Nov.2011, I've only done 1 ota update, going from 4.8(?) to 5, and my battery life took a hit - had to restore as new...what a pita, lol. SO, needless to say, since then, I hook up directly to itunes now:) and if that means I have to wait a day or 2 more for the update to come out, i will :)

Not a bad idea. Even if I do update OTA I will plug into power 1st for sure.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

It has been mentioned before that updating through iTunes gives it a sort of "fresh" install doesn't it? By that I mean it completely wipes it clean and then installs the newest version. While doing it on the phone directly doesn't. Am I wrong in assuming so?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro