What are your impressions of iOS 7?

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Holy crap why does the theme for the music app have to be pink??! It's so girly! Same goes for the reminders rainbow theme. Now I see why people were posting about iOS 7 being too feminine looking. No new features are worth this.

Note - this post is opinion. Don't take it personally. :p

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Holy crap why does the theme for the music app have to be pink??! It's so girly! Same goes for the reminders rainbow theme. Now I see why people were posting about iOS 7 being too feminine looking. No new features are worth this.

Note - this post is opinion. Don't take it personally. :p

I don't mind it.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the iOS 7 GM on my 4S for the past 2 weeks and I like it. No issues here.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was very adamant of it when it was in the first 3 Beta stages, but after Beta 4, I began to enjoy it a lot more. It felt more fluid and responsive and overall worked great. By Beta 5, I was using it as my regular every day mobile OS. Now I look at iOS 6 and I feel like it was made by Neanderthals somewhere in a cave in Tibet.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
iOS 7 was bashed pretty good on the Verge. I surely don't see what they do when it comes to operating systems for smartphones.

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!

SixStringMadness

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I was very adamant of it when it was in the first 3 Beta stages, but after Beta 4, I began to enjoy it a lot more. It felt more fluid and responsive and overall worked great. By Beta 5, I was using it as my regular every day mobile OS. Now I look at iOS 6 and I feel like it was made by Neanderthals somewhere in a cave in Tibet.

I see a lot of comments like this, and I just don't see the level of departure from iOS6 to warrant such a dramatic comparison. It has a softer look, some new animations, a "3Dish" effect, a few gestures, blah blah.

Its a new OS, but not the epic overhaul next generation best thing ever, I couldn't stand the old one, best thing ever its being touted to be.

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love iOS 7. Do I think a few things could use a tweaking? Absolutely. Overall tho I find the colors pleasing (the white backgrounds took a little getting used to), everything flows smoothly together, and most importantly it works and it works very well for me. I've read complaints about the animations taking too much time and maybe I'm crazy (very high probability ;)) but I enjoy the heck out of them. If I was in an emergency situation they might make me a little antsy but for my everyday life - they make me smile....which probably confirms the crazy part. ;)

Owatica

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I was dumbfounded to discover it was actually a new system and totally haaaaaaaate it. I have to have a code just to open? Everything about it sucks except the photo app. Really... it is a POS. The design is awful. Obviously I hate change and if Steve Jobs was still alive I don't believe they would have unleashed 7 this way. I worked with it for days and just gave up... it was "ID" this and "password" that every time I made a move. It locks into the Bing search engine, which I hate...the icons are crap and it is NOT "intuitive". Just because I loved my iPad.... I bought another another one yesterday to get iOS6 back and used "BUMP", which is great, to move my contacts and pics to my new iPad........ That's the last money Apple gets from me. I was "warned" by the salespeople Apple would "force my hand" by not supporting my APPs but lemme tell ya... When that happens and I am "forced" to learn a new system.... it'll be spelled Samsung.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was dumbfounded to discover it was actually a new system and totally haaaaaaaate it. I have to have a code just to open? Everything about it sucks except the photo app. Really... it is a POS. The design is awful. Obviously I hate change and if Steve Jobs was still alive I don't believe they would have unleashed 7 this way. I worked with it for days and just gave up... it was "ID" this and "password" that every time I made a move. It locks into the Bing search engine, which I hate...the icons are crap and it is NOT "intuitive". Just because I loved my iPad.... I bought another another one yesterday to get iOS6 back and used "BUMP", which is great, to move my contacts and pics to my new iPad........ That's the last money Apple gets from me. I was "warned" by the salespeople Apple would "force my hand" by not supporting my APPs but lemme tell ya... When that happens and I am "forced" to learn a new system.... it'll be spelled Samsung.

Wow... the last money Apple gets from you was for a new iPad just to get the old OS back... call me skeptical...

And enough of the "if Jobs was alive" schtick ... not buying that, either...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Wow! I'm sorry you're having a bad experience with iOS 7. You don't have to use passcodes or passwords to open up your device, I don't. Also, my search engine is set to Google not Bing. I didn't like the icons a few months ago either. But once I actually loaded it on my device last week I really liked everything about it. Good luck.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow! I'm sorry you're having a bad experience with iOS 7. You don't have to use passcodes or passwords to open up your device, I don't. Also, my search engine is set to Google not Bing. I didn't like the icons a few months ago either. But once I actually loaded it on my device last week I really liked everything about it. Good luck.

Icons don't bother me. I actually like the new icons now.

farside33

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So far I have been really pleased with the update on both my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. The new features work well and for the most part are smooth on both devices. I only had a couple of older apps force close after the first day, but these have since been updated and have not had any further issues with them.

Only four complaints (hopefully some will be addressed as it matures):

1. Just because you can put in a physics engine for zooming does not mean you should. The animation when going back to the home screen from an app it painful to watch. Way too slow.

2. I have gotten used to the new simpler background (white) and thinner font. However they need to add a night mode to settings and control center (dark background with grayish colored text). At night in low lighting it is way too bright on the eyes even with the brightness turned all the way to the lowest setting. The invert color option is close but is just a negative type engine and makes everything look bad (though text is easier to read), even pictures appear as a negative.

3. In the control center add a button for Settings. When turning on Wifi or Bluetooth you still need to goto settings to change the connection to a different source, if in the same location, or to select a new source if in a new location or vehicle. I currently use Control Center to disable them and use Settings to turn them back on.

4. The weather information in Notification Center is terrible. Example of a typical notification: "Currently mostly sunny. The high will be 73. Partly cloudy tonight with a low of 63." Some days it actually will inform me of the current temperature, but is usually 8 hours behind in its reading. I only need to know the current temperature and forecast for High and Low (Like the weather app used to be like in iOS6). The current weather app (Yahoo based service) is looking a lot like the Maps fiasco that occurred when it was first released.

None of these are a deal breaker as the added features and fixes are worth more than the little things that bother me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen