What are your impressions of iOS 7?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally love the new iOS. It's very different from iOS 6. I was starting to get bored with the iOS I'm glad they completely renovated it. I love the notification center though i do wish we were able to choose what to put on the control center buttons. The color scheme of the new apps and layout of it is just amazing. The new keyboard transparency is pretty slick too. Still has major improvement left to go through. Would like to see quick reply and a few other smaller features added but other than that I love it. I'd say it's an 8 out of 10.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The more I see of iOS7 the more I like it. I think there were a few changes made during the Beta testing that has made it much better.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
My impression is only from pics and videos, but from what I've seen, I'm liking the new features but absolutely hate the new visual theme. Gonna be a hard update to get used to in order to get the new features.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love iOS 7. I particularly like the way it takes on the colors of whatever you chose as your wallpaper...so why do some people need darker or lighter themes?

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it since beta 6 and so far, I like it. The only changes I'd like to see is to have quick reply to messages and to be able to customize the control centre buttons. I'd recommend upgrading from ios 6 to anyone. Ios 6 seems so plain now.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love iOS 7. I particularly like the way it takes on the colors of whatever you chose as your wallpaper...so why do some people need darker or lighter themes?

Exactly. Just choose a different wallpaper and the whole tone changes...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Just choose a different wallpaper and the whole tone changes...

I see what you and Alli are saying but changing the wallpaper doesn't reduce the neon greens and blues in messages, or impact the bright white backgrounds of messages, photos, contacts, etc. It helps a little bit, but IOS 7 infiltrates numerous areas with bright whites and neon colors to where changing wallpapers will not make a difference.

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I've only seen picture shots of the ios7. If I'm seeing the icons correctly they seem to have changed and look well basic. To icons on the ios6 have a depth whereas the new ones seem flat ?

wtrmlnjuc

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Looks great. I'm not planning to buy one, as I have a phone already, but I do like the decisions that Apple has made on iOS7's designs - it's the little things like the transparencies that add a cool flow to the UI also while keeping it unique. Having used it in person on my friend's phone, it's much slicker and lighter on the eyes than the current iteration of iOS.

I use a Windows Phone, but if I had to choose, it'd be a hard choice between iOS7 and WP.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone? No because it has not been pushed out...

I am stuck in iOS 7 now... Switched back and forth back in Beta days... But even switched back last weekend and to me iOS 6 seemed old lol.

But much better now once I put back iOS 7. Looking forward to 3rd party devs to get stuff done as well. They can get it done, we will be good to go

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Can't anyone install the GM build though? I think that's what I installed on my iphone 4 the time IOS 6 came out.

Once the GM is released to developers it will inevitably be available via other sources than the Apple Developer Portal and if you can find it, you can install it. I did the same with iOS6...

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Once the GM is released to developers it will inevitably be available via other sources than the Apple Developer Portal and if you can find it, you can install it. I did the same with iOS6...

Is it safe to install gm from other source and when ios 7 will b available for general public will we b getting via OTA if we have GM already install on iPhone

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it safe to install gm from other source and when ios 7 will b available for general public will we b getting via OTA if we have GM already install on iPhone

Is it safe to load what is, essentially, a pirated copy of an iOS update from an alternative source? I think you could probably answer that one yourself.

With regard to will the GA version be OTA, that’s a big unknown... I’m thinking that it probably will, based on history, but there’s no guarantee that it will be.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it safe? Depends on the source... the public release will be announced tomorrow... if you install the GM, there will be nothing for you to do when it's released to the public... as to OTA? We'll see... I'm going to do a full install of the GM myself...

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it safe? Depends on the source... the public release will be announced tomorrow... if you install the GM, there will be nothing for you to do when it's released to the public... as to OTA? We'll see... I'm going to do a full install of the GM myself...

You mean even public release is coming in 10/09

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh