I'm tired of various apps crashing. Specifically GMail locking up. But everything seems glitchy. If I were to document it all, I'd have a novella. I love the look of iOS 7 but the crashes and lagging are driving me looney. Loonies than usual.
    09-23-2013 10:18 AM
    I'm tired of various apps crashing. Specifically GMail locking up. But everything seems glitchy. If I were to document it all, I'd have a novella. I love the look of iOS 7 but the crashes and lagging are driving me looney. Loonies than usual.
    Apps crashing are on the app developers to fix, not Apple. Annoying to be sure though
    09-23-2013 10:33 AM
    Apparently a lot of folks like it... or at least are using it... over 200 million devices are now rocking iOS 7... 200 million people can’t all be wrong.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-23-2013 10:58 AM
    Mostly I like the new features, but have to complain about how much harder it is to see for those of us over 50. Even adjusting to bold and font size, it's still harder to see with all the white background. Also, not fond of the calendar changes since I us it daily for work. Hopefully will get better.
    09-23-2013 12:11 PM
    One thing I forgot to mention...They're still trying to get me to log into Game Center. STOP forcing this stupid thing down my throat & either get rid of it or let me disable it!!!!!!!!!!

I want to play my games without having to cancel out of some login screen that wants me to log into some stupid pointless app.
    09-23-2013 03:33 PM
    Apparently a lot of folks like it... or at least are using it... over 200 million devices are now rocking iOS 7... 200 million people cant all be wrong.
    Probably about 190 million of them had no idea what was coming.
    09-23-2013 04:53 PM
    I like it, I now think it is a little bit sluggish compared to iOS 6 on my iPhone 5, and the battery consumption is worse. The inconsistent iCloud syncing is very annoying (see separate thread), once it gets started though it is usually good for the day. I suspect a maintenance release or two will clean things up.
    09-23-2013 04:59 PM
    Probably about 190 million of them had no idea what was coming.
    But at least they knew something was coming, and when. Unlike Android.
    09-23-2013 05:03 PM
    Anyone having problems with the play button either on the lock screen or on control center when the device is locked. Sometimes it seems like it times out and I have to unlock my phone and get into the application actually push play.
    09-23-2013 06:25 PM
    The longer I'm on iOS 7 the more I like it. It's so smooth. Especially like control center, notification center, multitasking and iTunes Radio.
    09-23-2013 06:48 PM
    So far I like it since I always like a new system and that's what it feels like. I downloaded it this morning so we'll see how I feel once the honeymoon is over. My biggest complaint is the white background. I like more contrast. Other than that, it seem to be ok and I don't see very much to praise or complain about.
    09-23-2013 07:06 PM
    I set it to the canned dark stars wallpaper in the settings and that helped a lot for the main screen. Now the items are white on black. Still annoying that I had to go away from my wallpaper i liked.

In terms of the firmware, I'm Meh so far. Not earthshattering good, not earthshattering bad, but annoyed at being forced to use the podcast app...
    09-23-2013 07:43 PM
    Anyone having problems with the play button either on the lock screen or on control center when the device is locked. Sometimes it seems like it times out and I have to unlock my phone and get into the application actually push play.
    Not that I've noticed. I'm able to start/stop/fast forward/etc. at the lock screen, doing multiple podcasts and mp3's. Control Center works for me as well when the phone is unlocked. But I turned it off in the lock screen due to that security hole, so I can't say on the control center in the lock screen (other than it worked ok for the little while I had it active).
    09-23-2013 07:46 PM
    It's ok, but I was wondering if anyone using the ipad 3 has issues with the calendar not displaying Christmas, Easter, etc.? I have the USA calendar checked for it to show all us holidays.....
    09-23-2013 07:50 PM
    it took me awhile to get used to the new way of doing things but after a few hours I have grown used to it! I actually like it better than iOS 6.
    09-23-2013 07:53 PM
    Not that I've noticed. I'm able to start/stop/fast forward/etc. at the lock screen, doing multiple podcasts and mp3's. Control Center works for me as well when the phone is unlocked. But I turned it off in the lock screen due to that security hole, so I can't say on the control center in the lock screen (other than it worked ok for the little while I had it active).
    I've run into this when listening with headphones and just unplugging them to stop play. When I plug back in and push play it won't work.
    09-23-2013 08:48 PM
    iOS7 on my iPhone5 still seems not a complete release, there are many minor but annoying glitches that interrupt the usually very smooth iOS user experience.
    I praise and much appreciate the new features and refreshed graphics of this new OS but I also think that Apple should very quickly fix some beta release type bugs.
    This is what I consider the most annoying:
    1) Double clicking for the multitasking view will bring up the new version of the previously opened apps but quickly swiping the list will almost every time result in a stuttering right to left scrolling that results in a time consuming and annoying wait.
    2) Unlocking the phone will show the animation that brings the icons from outward to correct position on the screen but this takes too long. Every time I'm finding myself waiting for the animation to end so I can swipe from right to left and reveal the apps I need.
    3) The contacts app, especially when editing a contact is stuttery and glitchy.
    4) Most apps don't seem as responsive as on iOS6 and most of them (even the Apple ones) don't seem to register touches as well as before. (Safari and photos for example).

Do you have the same impressions of use?
    09-24-2013 09:26 AM
    iOS7 on my iPhone5 still seems not a complete release, there are many minor but annoying glitches that interrupt the usually very smooth iOS user experience.
    I praise and much appreciate the new features and refreshed graphics of this new OS but I also think that Apple should very quickly fix some beta release type bugs.
    This is what I consider the most annoying:
    1) Double clicking for the multitasking view will bring up the new version of the previously opened apps but quickly swiping the list will almost every time result in a stuttering right to left scrolling that results in a time consuming and annoying wait.
    2) Unlocking the phone will show the animation that brings the icons from outward to correct position on the screen but this takes too long. Every time I'm finding myself waiting for the animation to end so I can swipe from right to left and reveal the apps I need.
    3) The contacts app, especially when editing a contact is stuttery and glitchy.
    4) Most apps don't seem as responsive as on iOS6 and most of them (even the Apple ones) don't seem to register touches as well as before. (Safari and photos for example).

Do you have the same impressions of use?
    I don't. But it sucks that you are having these problems. Mine seems to be smoother with iOS 7 than it was before. Maybe try resetting the phone?

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a vintage brown BookBook case. FTW!
    09-24-2013 09:45 AM
    Yes, hearing that these are issues that just involve my phone I'll surely try a reset!
    09-24-2013 09:59 AM
    Yes, hearing that these are issues that just involve my phone I'll surely try a reset!
    I restored my phone to a fresh iOS7 installation and then restored backup from icloud. Now the system is fluid and the glitches are gone. Only the animations remain a bit long but that is part of the system.

Thanks
    09-25-2013 02:56 AM
    After running iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 for the past week, I can say without a doubt that I really like it. Apple did a great job with this update.
    Fausty82 and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-25-2013 05:08 AM
    After running iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 for the past week, I can say without a doubt that I really like it. Apple did a great job with this update.
    Couldn't agree more Rose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-25-2013 05:11 AM
    I am thinking exactly the same thing, Rose. I love this thing... I have upgraded my iPhone 5, my iPad 2, my iPad Mini, my wife's iPhone 5 and her iPad 3... not a single glitch on any of them. And my new 5S is pretty awesome, too.
    09-25-2013 07:07 AM
    So, tomorrow late afternoon will be exactly 1 week since I've upgraded my 4S to iOS7. I'm really, really loving it by far. I love the way the apps just "glide" in and out from one to another when switching. iTunes radio is DA'BOMB !! Much thanks for that Apple !! The control center is such a convienence....idk how I managed on previous iOS' without. The new rings tones & wallpapers added in...need I say more on that, lol ! The new filter options in the camera are a nice addition....I could go on & on but I won't

The ONLY thing that just tweaks my melon, is the all day events got taken out of showing up in the notification center. I have a certain event set for every Wednesday, that on Tues would show up in the noti center(ios6) to 'refresh' my memory of it. Now, just a note at the bottom of the noti center on iOS 7 telling me I have an all day event planned for tomorrow. YUK ! I'd like to see Apple put back the all day events showing back in the noti center. I will be writing in my feedback to Apple on this indeed because it really is the ONLY thing that bugs me.

I was planning on eventually getting the 5C, but now that iOS 7 has breathed freshness into my 4S, I think I'm going to hold off for a while !! I've always love the build of the 4S, so it would've been bittersweet if I did upgrade happy enough right now to not even worry about it anymore !!
    pr1nce likes this.
    09-25-2013 08:03 AM
    Overall, not bad.
    09-25-2013 08:30 AM
119 ... 2345