Am I missing something about iTunes Radio?

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking forward to iTunes Radio as with Pandora it's a chore to purchase music you're listening to sometimes. What I have experienced is: you're listening to a song, you like it, you click to purchase and it takes to iTunes, you purchase the song displayed to find out you got something else. iTunes Radio - instant access. But my main reason for looking forward to iTunes Radio vs Pandora is the amount of music iTunes has - specifically music from my native country that I can now add to my list, hopefully we get international iTunes markets as well soon - that would absolutely compete my desired list. I will get Music Match as soon as I have iOS 7 for other benefits then just skipping commercials. I tried spotify - was not my thing. Oh mixing in your own songs into radio list is a nice feature too.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Googles Music All Access lets you upload your personal library, has a on demand artist data base like Spotify, and a genre based radio. Just no decent app for the iDevices.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Apple's promo page about Radio: Apple - iTunes Radio - Hear where your music takes you. -- a good overview...

Thanks for the link.
I really hadn't thought much about iTunes Radio since WWDC 2013.
As I was reading up about it on the Apple site, I became interested again.
Until I got to the very bottom.

"iTunes Radio is only a available in the US". BURN! I'd forgotten about that.

Eddy Cue, wtf guy?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
I really hadn't thought much about iTunes Radio since WWDC 2013.
As I was reading up about it on the Apple site, I became interested again.
Until I got to the very bottom.

"iTunes Radio is only a available in the US". BURN! I'd forgotten about that.

Eddy Cue, wtf guy?

Just create a US iTunes account. I'm in Canada and I can use iTunes Radio as long as I'm signed in with a US iTunes account

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know you could have more than one account.
I'll have to read up on that.
Thanks.

You can only be signed in to one account at a time on your iOS device and the only annoying thing about that is if I have an app update I have to sign out of my US one and sign in to my Canadian one to update my apps then sign out of my Canadian one and sign back in to my US one to use iTunes Radio again. Also remember iTunes Radio is still in beta and not 100% done. There might be a thread somewhere on the iMore forums on how to create a US iTunes account but I can't find it so far (or I'm not looking hard enough)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
With fall sports season upon us, does anyone know if the iTunes Radio will offer AM or FM sports oriented stations?

I typically find myself stuck for big chunks of time on the playground, or on errands during game time. Either I get overruled by everyone in the car, or resort to following games via mobile apps or sites, but without audio. I know other radio apps exist, but if iTunes Radio has a sports channel, then that may be a good option.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
With fall sports season upon us, does anyone know if the iTunes Radio will offer AM or FM sports oriented stations?

I typically find myself stuck for big chunks of time on the playground, or on errands during game time. Either I get overruled by everyone in the car, or resort to following games via mobile apps or sites, but without audio. I know other radio apps exist, but if iTunes Radio has a sports channel, then that may be a good option.

I don't think so. But I think Slacker radio has some options for sports channels though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW