Am I missing something about iTunes Radio?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Like the title says am I missing something here? ... my first impression of iTunes Radio (based on the IOS 7 keynote) is that it's just an Apple branded Pandora. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong, and that it's more like Google Play All Access Music, or Spotify.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I would be curious to hear others' thoughts about it. Being a premium Spotify member, I don't give iTunes Radio a second thought. If I was not, then perhaps I would choose it over the likes of Pandora but that is not a given either.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I mean if it is just "another" Pandora why did they even bother. If they wanted to rehash something, then why not their 7 year old keyboard design? Hello Apple it's called Swype, and predictive text. Perfect that Apple style ... Oh well getting off topic.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I would be curious to hear others' thoughts about it. Being a premium Spotify member, I don't give iTunes Radio a second thought. If I was not, then perhaps I would choose it over the likes of Pandora but that is not a given either.
It will be ad supported - unless you subscribe to iTunes Match - then it's ad free...

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It is more like Pandora than Spotify. It's an internet radio service, but it does have some features that I prefer over Pandora. It seems to be much more customizable over the music you wish to or don't wish to hear.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It is more like Pandora than Spotify. It's an internet radio service, but it does have some features that I prefer over Pandora. It seems to be much more customizable over the music you wish to or don't wish to hear.
That's a little promising, but obviously not what I was wanting to hear.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It is a version of Pandora. Which is fine with me. I don't use Spotify. I don't like to think about what I want
to listen to. I just like to set a station and have what I specified and related content be played. When Spotify
came out with radio I used it and didn't want to really pay $10 a month anymore. Pandora has really been
playing a lot of ads the past two months. I mean, it's gotten really annoying. And if I'm going to pay to remove
ads then I want unlimited skipping, too. I sincerely hope iTunes Match subscribers get that in addition to no-ads.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
a7yda8y8.jpg

Cool I'm enjoying it compared to other services. Ads are only apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Can someone with iTunes Match try to skip more than six songs on a station to test out if there
are indeed unlimited skips or not, please?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2