So I have just purchase a new aftermarket stereo receiver for my car which comes with Siri Eyes Free, awesome by the way. However, fairly buggy with iOS 7.

Wondering if anyone else has used this feature of the iPhone and has any tips.

Bluetooth will often get confused with dock connector when plugged directly into receiver. Getting new car charger soon which should solve the issue of receiver going into iPod mode.

Bluetooth on iPhone likes to think its still connected sometimes when car is off, it stags lit up purple with special microphone or battery sign until a force restart.

Using dedicated Siri button can sometimes force confusion to iPhone sometimes locking out the feature entirely until a restart.

I'm hoping this will be fixed prior to GM, rather than having to wait until a 7.1.x release when iOS in the car is supposed to be released.

I predict some issues may be resolved by the receiver's firmware itself being updated once iOS 7 is released. Kenwood is usually good about updates. According to reports they are currently testing iOS 7 and working on updates, however that obviously won't be released before the final.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is using Siri Eyes Free with aftermarket or even factory receivers!
    08-22-2013 01:49 PM
    What deck did you get?
    08-22-2013 04:36 PM
    What deck did you get?
    Kenwood DPX500BT
    08-23-2013 12:43 AM
    I'm having the same issue here with KDC-BT53U and iOS 7.0.2 on iPhone 5S. Exact same behavior.

I really hope for Kenwood to release an update very soon.
    I'm still on time to return the unit. Hesitating it.
    10-05-2013 04:40 PM
    So my initial issue hasn't been happening since I have been using an iPhone 5S with 7.0.1. I'm now running 7.0.2 as well. I've noticed my Kenwood is slow at connecting the bluetooth and sometimes it does cut out bluetooth. Siri also is buggy still through bluetooth. Hopefully these issues will be fixed with the upcoming 7.0.3 or 7.1 update. As well as waiting for Kenwood to release a bluetooth/system firmware update that is more compatable with ios 7.

Anyone else using Siri Eyes Free in general? Just wondering your opinions?
    10-05-2013 04:53 PM
    Hi:

I'd like to know if this issue is general or only with Kenwood. I have a KMM-BT34, and an iphone 5s with ios 7.1.1 and I am having this exact issue

Thanks

JP
    06-21-2014 06:55 PM