iOS 7 calendar

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello :)

Please excuse me if this has already been posted, but I was wondering about the iOS 7 calendar.

Apple, on their iOS 7 page doesn't have an 'official' calendar section. Could anyone give me an insight into a few details into the calendar? Has anyone got some screenshots?

There's one thing I'm definitely hoping for, and that's natural language input. Is that included as of yet?

I've searched Google but nothing's popped up!

Anything is great,
Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The major thing that's changed in the calendar is the absence of items in month view. Nobody seems happy with it, and we are all glad there are so many 3rd party options.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The major thing that's changed in the calendar is the absence of items in month view. Nobody seems happy with it, and we are all glad there are so many 3rd party options.

NO WAY I didn't know this my first Black Eye towards iOS 7 and I really like the Native Calendar app and its my most used app. Can you Explain what items?

Sent from my iPhone 5

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

ALLI, Are you referring to the notes that pop up when you tap an event in the monthly view?
TIA

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Month view is the view I use 99% because it is easy to navigate between dates AND it has a list of items for each day. Why would anyone involved in the design of the new OS believe this is improvement?

Any 3rd party suggestions?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
All the views including "search." There just seems to be something missing.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 94

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Playing "devil's advocate" for a minute... who says it’s "broke"? It could be a new "feature".

Fausty82 how could it be a new feature when it's a important part of calendar functionality? Let's say tomorrow it's a relative's birthday and you only get in notification center "tomorrow you have an all-day event" then tomorrow it doesn't even appear in your today's summary. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Fausty82 how could it be a new feature when it's a important part of calendar functionality? Let's say tomorrow it's a relative's birthday and you only get in notification center "tomorrow you have an all-day event" then tomorrow it doesn't even appear in your today's summary. It doesn't make much sense to me.

There is a bug in the beta too whereby birthdays in contacts only show up a day later on the calendar.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
All the views including "search." There just seems to be something missing.

So Alli, just to make sure I have it right--when you're in the month view and a certain day is highlighted, you can no longer see the day's agenda at the bottom of the screen? Sounds like you have to tap the day and go to the actual day view to see that in iOS7??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro