Macbook Pro not recognizing iPhone 5 or detecting it in DFU

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I posted before but havnt gotten an answer but I have some updates so hopefully someone can help me. I have iOS 7 latest beta installed on an iPhone 5. I have itunes 11.1 beta 2. since around iOS 7 beta 4 i havent been able to have my macbook pro recognize or see me iPhone at all. It charges in both USB ports but does not get recognised either by iTunes or iPhoto. I plugged my wife's 4s in to my mac and everything is fine...itunes and iphoto recognizes it. I thought that maybe downgrading my iPhone back to 6.1.4 might help. Put my phone in DFU but my mac is not recognizing it. My phone is under a year old but I'm assuming I would have to wait until iOS 7 goes live for everyone in order to get my phone serviced under warranty. All I really want is for things to work as they should and to be able to sync photos with iPhoto. I had similar problems running iOS 6 though so maybe its my phone...in either case I would take it in but as soon as they see at my local store ( I have to take it to a cell provider as my current country of residence has only authorised apple retailers) that I have beta software they probably wont touch it which means unless I can get my mac to recognise my phone in DFU mode so I can downgrade...Ill be stuck waiting until september....but then again when GM is released I won't even be able to update it without my computer being able to recognise the device. any help would be completely appreciated. I have tried my official cable as well as an authorized one from griffin. no luck. please help. ive tried just about everything online I could find.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"To me", it seems as if the lightning port on your iPhone is faulty. Have you tried using a computer other than yours to see if it can be recognized by iTunes? The focus at this point is to get you into DFU mode so you can downgrade and then take it to a nearby Apple store for a replacement or repair.

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I havent tried connecting it to another computer but I agree with you and think my phones lightning port is faulty. The problem is that I cant take it to an apple store...im not in the states and the country im in only has an authorized retailer but here they dont deal with iPhone issues and I would have to take it into the cellular company. I cant downgrade because my computer doesnt see it...whether in DFU or not...so I cant downgrade...when gold master is available I wont be able to update because as far as I know GM you have to download the entire ipsw through the developers portal and restore/update through itunes and I wont be able to do that so it looks as if I'm going to be stuck on a beta version. :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I havent tried connecting it to another computer but I agree with you and think my phones lightning port is faulty. The problem is that I cant take it to an apple store...im not in the states and the country im in only has an authorized retailer but here they dont deal with iPhone issues and I would have to take it into the cellular company. I cant downgrade because my computer doesnt see it...whether in DFU or not...so I cant downgrade...when gold master is available I wont be able to update because as far as I know GM you have to download the entire ipsw through the developers portal and restore/update through itunes and I wont be able to do that so it looks as if I'm going to be stuck on a beta version. :(

I understand, but let's not give up quite yet. As I stated in my previous reply, try using another computer. Also, just to cover all bases, try the steps (even if you've already done them) outlined by Apple via the following link.

Apple - Support - iPhone - iTunes Troubleshooting Assistant

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77