After keeping my fingers crossed and praying since the release of beta 1 of iOS 7 this past June it seems my hopes of having the Quick Reply function are fading. Currently we are on beta 6 which many believe is the final beta before the Gold Master is seeded to developers which is the end of the road. Well at least it is until iOS 7.1. For the life of me I cannot understand why Apple opted to include this feature in OS X Mavericks but not bring it to the iPhone.

I mean I think its quite fair to say that this feature is long overdue and its absence is baffling. If there was one jailbreak feature I miss most it would be this specifically. Sometimes I feel bigger features (In Apples's eyes) like Air Drop get the green light for its "WOW" factor more so than a undeniably useful feature that is Quick Reply.

I guess i'll re-cross my fingers for iOS 7.1 and hopefully it will show up there.
    chris_328 likes this.
    08-16-2013 10:37 AM
    It may happen one day.. But apparently not on Apple's urgent agenda.

I don't see the reason for it. But some would want it, in a heart beat..
    08-16-2013 10:44 AM
    I, too, am hoping that Apple incorporate the quick reply feature with iOS 7, and I'd like to think it is on their lsoon-to-be-added features list. Still, let's hold judgment until after the GM release. Who knows, we may be surprised...
    08-16-2013 10:45 AM
    It would have been added by now.
    08-16-2013 11:09 AM
    Ive been hoping too, i was thinking after ios 7 i might not have to jailbreak my phone, but i wont be able to give up a quick reply like bitesms
    08-16-2013 11:41 AM
    I too am wondering the exact same thing but if it makes you feel any better at least the Android camp doesn't have this feature (natively) either but unfortunately they have backup solutions unlike us without JB.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    08-16-2013 01:04 PM
    I would love it and I'm not a very frequent texter.

Curious though... It's kind of a big feature. If we don't see it in 7, don't you think we'll have to wait another year?
    08-16-2013 01:05 PM
    I would like to see it, but in all honesty, since Apple added that feature to the OS X Mavericks developer preview 1, and has left it out of all iOS 7 beta releases to date, it doesnt look promising... if/when it arrives, it will be great... until then, carry on as usual.
    08-16-2013 01:10 PM
    I think that IF they were going to make any noticeable changes between WWDC and public release it would be on the day of iPhone event. They always do another recap on the new iOS at that event.
    08-16-2013 06:55 PM
    I think that IF they were going to make any noticeable changes between WWDC and public release it would be on the day of iPhone event. They always do another recap on the new iOS at that event.
    It would be funny if they use quick reply as an iPhone 5s feature
    08-16-2013 07:04 PM
    It would be funny if they use quick reply as an iPhone 5s feature
    I would laugh.

08-16-2013 07:14 PM
    Yup, Apple has this way of dragging out their features for no rational reason (there's really no monetary gain either since it's a software thing and won't be exclusive to new iphones). It will come eventually, but as you point out there's no reason it can't be out right now.
    08-16-2013 07:15 PM
    Its coming on Blackberry 10.2. LOL!!! A true device that gets stuff done quick. Apple is behind the game. Ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has been getting worse. Steve Jobs friend said in a interview that Apple wont get better, It will get worse without the innovation of Steve Jobs.
    08-17-2013 12:08 AM
    Yup, Apple has this way of dragging out their features for no rational reason (there's really no monetary gain either since it's a software thing and won't be exclusive to new iphones). It will come eventually, but as you point out there's no reason it can't be out right now.
    Apple is notorious for incrementally adding features but as quoted by Steve Jobs they don't won't to rush features that aren't primed and I kind of have to agree take the Galaxy S4 for example many of those extra features aren't really fleshed out.

Also Google has been dragging their feet on this feature as well leaving it up to Handcent and GO SMS to fill in that gap and other quick reply options for the stock messaging app. But that's still no excuse for Google with the expediency on which they update Android it's a feature that should have been added a couple versions ago.

08-17-2013 02:02 AM
    Haven't tried but if your turn notification off of banner to a pop up is quick reply a option then ??

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    08-17-2013 03:58 AM
    Haven't tried but if your turn notification off of banner to a pop up is quick reply a option then ??

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    Nope just tested it pops up with reply or cancel but if you hit reply it just takes you into messaging.

08-17-2013 05:24 AM
    Its coming on Blackberry 10.2. LOL!!! A true device that gets stuff done quick. Apple is behind the game. Ever since Steve Jobs died, Apple has been getting worse. Steve Jobs friend said in a interview that Apple wont get better, It will get worse without the innovation of Steve Jobs.
    blah, blah, blah... yadda, yadda, yadda.

We’ll have to wait a few months to see if BlackBerry has again become relevant in the cell phone marketplace. So far, they’re limping along with decent products and lukewarm response from both the business and consumer markets...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Battleborn and mikeo007 like this.
    08-17-2013 10:43 AM
    It's funny to me that Apple has failed to implement quick reply when it has been available from many jailbreak tweaks for years. I would've expected them to "Sherlock" that feature many updates ago.
    08-17-2013 11:05 AM
    Quick Reply/Quick Compose feature is one thing I definitely miss about my jailbreak. If it were to come to be built into a official firmware release I wouldn't be so inclined to jailbreak
    08-17-2013 12:13 PM
    Steve Jobs friend said...
    lol!

My mother said...
    Battleborn likes this.
    08-18-2013 02:42 AM
    Is this why the brand new flagship device from BlackBerry is already being sold for a penny?

Ok, you stick with your BlackBerry, and we won't insult you further.
    08-18-2013 08:21 PM
    I personally can't see a use for a "quick reply" right now, but there are definitely others who really want the feature. Apple tends to hold back on features like this until they can do it better than everyone else. The solutions on other platforms are quite "hacked" together and have very little synergy with the rest of the OS. When it comes, I see it being much more useful than just "quick reply". It won't be some janky dropdown from the top of the screen with a text box in it.

You seem to have taken a wrong turn when you left from under your bridge. Let me point you back in the right direction -> www.crackberry.com
    08-18-2013 08:25 PM
    Is this why the brand new flagship device from BlackBerry is already being sold for a penny?

Ok, you stick with your BlackBerry, and we won't insult you further.
    Bahaha burn!!

08-18-2013 08:35 PM
    @mikeo0007
    " The solutions on other platforms are quite "hacked" together and have very little synergy with the rest of the OS. When it comes, I see it being much more useful than just "quick reply". It won't be some janky dropdown from the top of the screen with a text box in it."

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I have used Chomp SMS, Handcent SMS, and GO SMS on Android, and neither is a "janky dropdown". It is a very useful feature.
    I might also add that Chomp and Bite sms are from the same people, and are basically identical.
    08-18-2013 11:28 PM
    @mikeo0007
    " The solutions on other platforms are quite "hacked" together and have very little synergy with the rest of the OS. When it comes, I see it being much more useful than just "quick reply". It won't be some janky dropdown from the top of the screen with a text box in it."

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. I have used Chomp SMS, Handcent SMS, and GO SMS on Android, and neither is a "janky dropdown". It is a very useful feature.
    I might also add that Chomp and Bite sms are from the same people, and are basically identical.
    Well that's certainly an interesting way to address someone's opinion. Although I wouldn't normally dignify such a rude and thoughtless post with a response, I'll make an exception. I was referring to Blackberry 10.2 with the "janky drop down" bit, but I will gladly address the Android solutions as well. Instead of janky dropdowns, they're big ***, janky popups in the middle of the screen. They're jarring, out of place, and workflow-breaking. When the best solutions out there are junk like you named, I'm not surprised Apple is taking their time to perfect the solution.
    08-18-2013 11:43 PM
28 12