Well that's certainly an interesting way to address someone's opinion. Although I wouldn't normally dignify such a rude and thoughtless post with a response, I'll make an exception. I was referring to Blackberry 10.2 with the "janky drop down" bit, but I will gladly address the Android solutions as well. Instead of janky dropdowns, they're big ***, janky popups in the middle of the screen. They're jarring, out of place, and workflow-breaking. When the best solutions out there are junk like you named, I'm not surprised Apple is taking their time to perfect the solution.
    That's the problem with Android versus iOS nothing on Android is cohesive due the many different third party options. If we could get something like Bite SMS I would be so happy!! 😃

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    08-19-2013 12:05 AM
    That's the problem with Android versus iOS nothing on Android is cohesive due the many different third party options. If we could get something like Bite SMS I would be so happy!!

That's totally understandable. Like I (and others have) said, some people really want this feature, some couldn't care less. For the folks that do want it, they'll take it in almost any form offered. I had Bite SMS on my jailbroken iPhone and didn't like it. In fact, there were very few "visible" jailbreak tweaks that I actually liked. They all just looked out of place. That being said, Apple has taken many of the more popular jailbreak tweaks and integrated them into the OS, except they are much more cohesive.

Look at the new swipe-up settings in iOS7. It's almost a dead ringer for SB settings, yet it's implemented much better. When quick reply (or whatever it ends up being) comes, I think it will be better than the other solutions available.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-19-2013 09:16 AM
    That's totally understandable. Like I (and others have) said, some people really want this feature, some couldn't care less. For the folks that do want it, they'll take it in almost any form offered. I had Bite SMS on my jailbroken iPhone and didn't like it. In fact, there were very few "visible" jailbreak tweaks that I actually liked. They all just looked out of place. That being said, Apple has taken many of the more popular jailbreak tweaks and integrated them into the OS, except they are much more cohesive.

Look at the new swipe-up settings in iOS7. It's almost a dead ringer for SB settings, yet it's implemented much better. When quick reply (or whatever it ends up being) comes, I think it will be better than the other solutions available.
    Yeah I wouldn't Apple to just put in a pop up like Bite. I would want them to make it cohesive which I know they would do.

08-19-2013 04:37 PM
28 12