iOS 7 Dev Beta 6 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It's not ready for primetime quite yet. Both on me and my daughters iPhone 5 messages starts to constantly crash when opening it sometimes which requires a reboot. Also the insanely long boot-time some users have including us both. About two minutes. Other minor tweaks needed to. But it's getting there.

My verizon iPhone 5 on beta 6 is solid with no issues besides battery life

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but that doesn't mean it's ready. Many people still have issues. Depends on our usage I guess as we use the phones differently.

Ya also on if OTA update or full restore. For me doing the restore and/or reset settings without backup fixed issues like message app crashing and more. The "many people" are non developers that don't have the restore option.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Stevenojobs

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I was on iOs 6 because on the first beta my 4S was nearly unusable, i decided to try beta 6 and damned this is really really good !!!! It's really smooth, nearly no lag or so, the battery is AMAZING, i last a full day and i browse, whatsapp, iMessage, Mail, Spotify, i'm impress.. I started from a clean install... So it looks great for the GM !

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
So I think the culprit, may have been my pebble watch. Charged the phone back up and turned Bluetooth off and have not seen a significant drop

My battery life is horrendous after this update! I have had my phone off of the charger for almost 50 minutes and I am already down to almost 70%. I have been on Feedly most of the time, catching up on the blogs. I played 3 games of What's The Phrase, and then came on here. I hope this gets fixed. I see a lot of people on this particular post, saying that they are getting terrific battery life and see some who are not...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/22/avu3azug.jpg

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I've noticed location based services are buggy in beta 7.
For apps that use background location based services like Dark Sky and Find Friends, they will not run if you force close the app from the multitask screen (swipe a background app up to kill it.) If you let it remain, they will work. This is a departure from what I've seen in the past and what should happen is that background location reporting continues to work even when you force-kill a background app.

I can only assume it's because they're working on the rest of iOS 7 background tasks, like the ability for programs to wake up and do scheduled task.

I also noticed that sometimes my location will get stuck for about 20 seconds while tracking on a map, then jump to my location and start tracking again.

This is all new as of beta 7, never saw it in previous betas. I'm sure it'll be fixed. Just thought I'd report it.

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
A few things. Signal indicator is way off. And sporadic. Battery is awful and I can't get panoramic lock screen to work. Anyone else notice the banner at the top of tap a talk doesn't like up with the words?

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Still great battery life!

qy5udehe.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is horrendous after this update! I have had my phone off of the charger for almost 50 minutes and I am already down to almost 70%. I have been on Feedly most of the time, catching up on the blogs. I played 3 games of What's The Phrase, and then came on here. I hope this gets fixed. I see a lot of people on this particular post, saying that they are getting terrific battery life and see some who are not...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/22/avu3azug.jpg

My battery life was horrendous too. I downgraded to beta 5 and will stay there until the GM somes out.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well on the most recent beta, my battery life has been very good. Also a lot of the software issues have been solved. No random glitches anymore and very little app crashes.

ugu2eme6.jpg

This picture was taken with wifi on the whole time, 3G, and GPS on. Had Carat, Rogers Smart Usage and the weather app all using GPS. I'm impressed with the usage and the battery life.

Sent from my Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.