iOS 7 Dev Beta 6 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
One more question for you ipad guys, when I updated my iphone I had to re-download all of my apps, create all of my folders again. Does the same go for the ipad? (I assume so).

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
One more question for you ipad guys, when I updated my iphone I had to re-download all of my apps, create all of my folders again. Does the same go for the ipad? (I assume so).

Shouldn't have to do that if you had a backup to iCloud.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
beta6 that was released was a maintenance release.... not a 'regular' beta... so it is plausible another beta may be released soon.

Agreed. I've had no issues or bugs in this beta in my iPhone 5. All my games/ apps work perfectly like iOS 6.
They did a good job. It's just my battery life that any so great. But it's all good. It's beta.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I've had no issues or bugs in this beta in my iPhone 5. All my games/ apps work perfectly like iOS 6.
They did a good job. It's just my battery life that any so great. But it's all good. It's beta.

Whether or not apps and games work under an iOS beta is not germane to this discussion. Apple is not yet allowing updates to apps or games that fix issues broken with the iOS beta, new APIs or other issues...

But with that said, beta 6 is solid for me - no OS crashes, no random reboots, no glitches in any of the new Apple functionality... battery life is stellar... IMHO, it’s ready... and the apps that I tested for my friend are also ready to go... just waiting on Apple to OK their submission... Let’s rock this thing...

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
a9u4equ4.jpg

Verizon iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I had some issues with battery. Would turn off at 15% then 10% and yesterday 3%. I put a case in at apple support but getting better with the full discharge 2 days in a row, after full restore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 4S battery life is all over the place, I get about 8 hours of usage over wifi only and about 4 hours of usage over 3G only and both are without playing games. My 5th gen iPod touch on the other hand I can get anywhere between 8-12 hours of usage with wifi connected all the time. But with debugging code running all the time in the background this is really good battery life. I'm still hoping beta 7 comes out at some point this week

Ricardo Chen

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
My battery life did improved with Beta 6, with Beta 5 was only getting 5-6 hours from fully charged to 10%, now I'm getting 10-11 hours with Beta 6. Hope they keep this with the GM...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 5 has been great; iPad 2 has had some issues since beta 5.

Hope beta 7 fixes...

I don't think we'll see a beta 7. Of course I could be wrong. Just my opinion. I am sure Apple is now is past the beta stage internally and working on a GM candidate for the event date.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not ready for primetime quite yet. Both on me and my daughters iPhone 5 messages starts to constantly crash when opening it sometimes which requires a reboot. Also the insanely long boot-time some users have including us both. About two minutes. Other minor tweaks needed to. But it's getting there.

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is terrible, after this update. I literally just took my phone off the charger no more than 45 minutes ago. I have been on Feedly, most of that time. I played 3 games of What's The Phrase and then came on here and I am already down to 76% from 100%

e4avunys.jpg

jaymojones

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is horrendous after this update! I have had my phone off of the charger for almost 50 minutes and I am already down to almost 70%. I have been on Feedly most of the time, catching up on the blogs. I played 3 games of What's The Phrase, and then came on here. I hope this gets fixed. I see a lot of people on this particular post, saying that they are getting terrific battery life and see some who are not...

avu3azug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.