Who else is most excited about notification sync?

kuczco

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm always rockin my iphone 5 but I will only use my iPad mini every other day. The part that drives me nuts the most is that I've gotta clear out all of the notifications that I've already seen from the past couple of days. Notification sync cannot come soon enough!

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
i'm with you, it was more than overdue. works well on the beta and makes the whole experience better. Having said that, I never got too worked up over it back in iOS6, guess I'm just an easy customer, haha.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you think that is good if you have a Mac with Mavericks it is insanely better. The ability to answer the messages right from the Mac and then have it go away on the phone is like indescribable. I have always thought that was the stupidest thing I would answer on my Mac or iPad then I'd have the notifications still sitting there on the other devices. It is going to be so sweet the only thing that sucks is it only works with iMessage. I wish Apple could run text messages through their servers so that the Mac and iPad would have the full conversation and sync it all. Oh well maybe that is something they can work on for the future :laughing:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I remember Tweetbot actually had this feature a while back when they introduced iCloud sync into their app but something happened to make it stop working.

hdtracy

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
YES! I can't wait. I'm one of those people who just can't stand leaving app badges untouched - so it was always a pain to have to go through and re-check all the messages and emails that I'd already taken care of on my phone as well! :)

Richard Nieves

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll be happy. My girlfriend is always complaining I have too many notifications I don't dismiss. In reality, I usually dismiss them on one device, then forget to on the other. The problem is, once you open the lock screen, there's no way to know you have notifications other than looking randomly so it would be nice if there was an icon on the status bar. Anyways, glad I can finally dismiss all my notifications ONCE.

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Does this feature work with emails when using stock mail app? My biggest gripe is having my work email pushed to my phone that I have already answered via my Mac showing a "false" message count until I launch the app.

cdpinker

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So far I've been able to get it working with the Mail and Messages apps. You have to read the new item within the app in order for the notification to sync. You can't just clear the notification from notification centre and have it sync.

What I want to know therefore is:

1) Can anyone get this feature to work on any other apps?
2) Do developers have to build in support for this or should it just work?
3) Is it right that this feature only works if you read the item within the app? Do notifications cleared within notification centre not sync at all, even for stock apps?

hugecanoli

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I specifically came on this forum looking to start or find something about this very topic.

I thought I was missing a setting or something wasn't working correctly on my devices because notification sync is not working at all for me with my iPad 4 & iPhone 4.

Any news/updates would be appreciated.

xianshell

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Notification sync worked for me in iOS 6 for mail and messages.

But I, too, find it doesn't work for other apps as we all expected it to in iOS 7.

Is this something developers need to enable? Or is it really missing?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well now that iOS 7.0.3 and Mavericks are out, we still don't have this feature mentioned at the Apple June event.
Does anyone have any idea if this is ever gonna appear?

TIA

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Well now that iOS 7.0.3 and Mavericks are out, we still don't have this feature mentioned at the Apple June event.
Does anyone have any idea if this is ever gonna appear?

TIA

I'd like to know that too because it was one of the few things about iOS 7 that I was excited about

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73