iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Exactly the same problem which is happening to me. I did a wipe and rebuild, but it will only load apps on the first sync. Nothing else syncs at all. Blasts. May try to downgrade to iOS Beta 4.

Reinstall the iTunes beta and it will see the memory properly and sync the phone properly. You don't need to uninstall or anything just install it right over itself. You will get errors that a few extensions were unable to install or atleast I got the message.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone who says otherwise hasn't used it enough or opened enough apps. I'm still running it because I don't care - I like it too much to go back. Especially several little improvements across the board. But, yeah... Too many apps crash. Developers need to update already. Notifications for messages and other things randomly stop working. It's a beta though, so this is expected. And it's certainly running with the smoothness of a fifth iteration, so that's good.

Trust me, I used my iphone a lot.. a lot... apps bugs or crashes really dont count since they are not written for ios7, when it comes to bugs and issues I've had none in over a week, seriously... Why would I lie??

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, I used my iphone a lot.. a lot... apps bugs really dont count since they are not written for ios7, when it comes to bugs and issues I've had none in over a week, seriously... Why would I lie??

I'm like Guacho I haven't had any issues. We're just two of the fortunate ones.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Trust me, I used my iphone a lot.. a lot... apps bugs really dont count since they are not written for ios7, when it comes to bugs and issues I've had none in over a week, seriously... Why would I lie??

I'll say the 2 biggest issue so far on beta 5. The boot up time at around 2 minutes or so is not normal. This issue only came in on beta 5. For the people who are running on At&t and if you kick back to 4G, the 4G bars always show full even when your signal is actually really weak. This signal strength bar issue came in on beta 4 and still existed on beta 5. I can get into a lot of other minor bugs but I'll keep this short.

Noah Bekins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My main bugs come in Messages. After a while it will stop showing the correct delivered or read status and I get the message not sent error a lot but it does send. Sometimes It won't let me open a certain thread of messages to a person; the app just crashes. Other threads will be fine but one does not work. Other than that everything else runs pretty smooth.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm like Guacho I haven't had any issues. We're just two of the fortunate ones.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Make it three. I had an issue with the phantom battery usage with Beta 5... a simple reload fixed that. No issues for me. At. All.

Jason Warner2

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing with my iphone 5 getting quite warm while charging since I downloaded beta 5. Never had this problem before. Also Safari keep crashing. Beta 5 sucks. Beta 4 was much better. Don't know what they would've changed between beta 4 and 5 but something's not right.

Ricardo Chen

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone experienced an issue with the camera with Beta 5? Since updated to Beta 5 my camera doesn't focus at close objects, don't know if was a coincidence that my camera failed at the same time I updated to Beta 5...

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed:
1. Battery life has improved greatly for me. Was at 94% coming home from work.
2. The updating process through the App Store has gotten less reliable.

Joys of beta. Imagine that beta 6 will fix these new errors.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'll say the 2 biggest issue so far on beta 5. The boot up time at around 2 minutes or so is not normal. This issue only came in on beta 5. For the people who are running on At&t and if you kick back to 4G, the 4G bars always show full even when your signal is actually really weak. This signal strength bar issue came in on beta 4 and still existed on beta 5. I can get into a lot of other minor bugs but I'll keep this short.

Again, do these issues exist?? Yes, are they affecting my PERSONAL experience with my phone? No.
The boot up time doesnt really affect me that much since I dont reset my iphone as often as before, the reception bars bug only seem to affect me when I'm home but the phone calls aren't affected in my experience, so I still think this beta has been great for me.

darksora14562

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I just slided my NC down and I see that it tells me how long it takes to get home from work. I never had this notification before and I was wondering where it is enabled. Anybody have any idea?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just slided my NC down and I see that it tells me how long it takes to get home from work. I never had this notification before and I was wondering where it is enabled. Anybody have any idea?

No clue where it comes from or why it’s there (occasionally) ... it’s been discussed several times in the various beta threads, but no definitive answer to those questions...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

No clue where it comes from or why it’s there (occasionally) ... it’s been discussed several times in the various beta threads, but no definitive answer to those questions...

Settings>> Privacy>> Location Services>> scroll to System Services at the bottom>> Frequent Locations

What this "frequent locations" appears to do is collect a database of places - and the iOS will then tell you about how long it might take you to get to a particular frequently visited place via a pattern in your habits... it's my WAG that this is where it comes from...

darksora14562

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Settings>> Privacy>> Location Services>> scroll to System Services at the bottom>> Frequent Locations

What this "frequent locations" appears to do is collect a database of places - and the iOS will then tell you about how long it might take you to get to a particular frequently visited place via a pattern in your habits... it's my WAG that this is where it comes from...

Thanks! That really makes sense when you think about the frequent locations tracking you all the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods