iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the infamous ghost usage in beta 1 and 2. I myself haven't seen it since then.

I hadn’t seen it until now. And I haven’t been able to shake it. Usually, restarting the phone, then topping off the charge does it... but so far, no luck... grrrrr...

Fortunately, it will all be over soon. :)

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the batt issue for the first 3 days. After that, the battery drain seems to stabilize and now it is great. Just have to give it a few days
It's been about a week and I can't seem to get over 5 hours of usage at all. I used to get around 10 on beta 4

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376376807.771907.jpg

Best battery life yet!! Used as a hotspot for about 30 mins, streaming music for about an hour and playing angry birds, hanging with friends and temple run 2.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

ethanongwt

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Update apps via App Store not working on the iPhone 5. Hangs during the process. Even after re-boot, still encountered same issue.
So, updated via iTunes (for FB & Instagram apps). After that, App Store on the iPhone 5 still showed that the apps are not updated yet.

Regards,
Ethan

IMG_1832.png IMG_1833.png

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
After fighting the "phantom usage" issue and extremely poor battery life for the past 3 days, I broke down and wiped my phone and reloaded from iTunes. It seems to have fixed it - at least for now...

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh
I have those settings on, yet it only updates when I open the NC. I can tell because as soon as I open the NC, the GPS indicator comes on and the text for the weather info then changes to the updated info.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
After fighting the "phantom usage" issue and extremely poor battery life for the past 3 days, I broke down and wiped my phone and reloaded from iTunes. It seems to have fixed it - at least for now...

Yeah I had issues after I OTA to beta 5. Right away I restore beta 5 and things have been good besides a few things that are just straight out bugs. But never a issue with ghost usage on this beta.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have those settings on, yet it only updates when I open the NC. I can tell because as soon as I open the NC, the GPS indicator comes on and the text for the weather info then changes to the updated info.

I never use the weather anyway but thought I would mention the setting. It might be a bug that it doesn't update in the background because I would think that is what this setting is all about.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Loving iOS 5 so far, the speed and smoothness is beautiful. A few bugs though

- If someone sends an Emoji with no text it's impossible to open the message, it just crashes the messages app
- Weather doesn't appear on notification center or automatically update

Another thing that's bothering me is the amount of space in the notification banner between the bottom of the next and the new pull down bar. The banners are still too big for my liking.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Loving iOS 5 so far, the speed and smoothness is beautiful. A few bugs though

- If someone sends an Emoji with no text it's impossible to open the message, it just crashes the messages app
- Weather doesn't appear on notification center or automatically update

Another thing that's bothering me is the amount of space in the notification banner between the bottom of the next and the new pull down bar. The banners are still too big for my liking.

LOL he said iOS 5 😋 iOS 7

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So am I missing something I have ios 7 on my phone and ipad but notification sync does not work I still get notifications on my ipad that I cleared on my phone .. Maybe a bug ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

alias3800

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having the issue with not receiving notifications for iMessages? I'm just guessing that different phones are having different bugs, and this happens to be my bug. Asking to see if anyone else has had this issue and found a solution.

fishfarm20

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The two biggest issues I've suffered from so far is that safari consistently crashes in Private mode and a substantially long reboot time. Other than that, iOS 7b5 has been fairly smooth - a couple of animation glitches here and there, but... Anyone else having the safari problem?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So am I missing something I have ios 7 on my phone and ipad but notification sync does not work I still get notifications on my ipad that I cleared on my phone .. Maybe a bug ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

You may need to reset the iMessage like turn it off on both and then turn them back on. When you turn it on there should be a message on the other device that "iPad is now using .... for iMessage" and vice versa when you turn it on for the iPhone. Then try and hopefully it should be working ;)