iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had battery life drain after updating to each beta. You just have to use it like normally the first day and then after that it seems to learn and improve. If you're turning stuff off and using it less it is not learning your usual usage pattern. It's not to say there might not be drainage issue you just have to see.
I never thought of it that way. Definitely will use it as normal today. Thanks for the heads up

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had no idea this was in IOS 7. If you go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services and click Frequent Locations (assuming it is turned on) you can see a list of places you are frequently at. Keep clicking on them and the info will expand to be more specific.

This may not be new, but is new to me so I apologize if it's been covered :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I had no idea this was in IOS 7. If you go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services and click Frequent Locations (assuming it is turned on) you can see a list of places you are frequently at. Keep clicking on them and the info will expand to be more specific.

This may not be new, but is new to me so I apologize if it's been covered :)

i did see that too, since beta1 i think

man my tinfoil hat is getting a little tight

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think this is something new to beta5... at least this ability to access it... I believe the data has been being collected, and used to display those things in the notifications that tell you how long it might take you to get to a particular place around the time you'd have to leave where you were to get to the saved place by the time you have been in habit of being at the particular saved place...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think this is something new to beta5... at least this ability to access it... I believe the data has been being collected, and used to display those things in the notifications that tell you how long it might take you to get to a particular place around the time you'd have to leave where you were to get to the saved place by the time you have been in habit of being at the particular saved place...

I could access it in beta 4 even had the clear history button. One of my bugs was that hitting clear history wouldn't clear the locations.

robbyrob4

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Damn seems beta 5 is having a lot more problems than the others. Think I'll stick it out to beta 6. God bless all you brave souls running this iOS and reporting back!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't say its glitchy but my battery life has been way worse. 22 minutes of usage from a full charge and it drops to 98%
Everything was good in beta 4

Oh no very glitchy. When I use multitouch I lose everything on the screen, but the wallpaper. I then usually reboot the iPad because there is no other way out of it. And boot time ha,... takes longer than previous betas. Beta 5 pretty much made my iPad a paper weight,

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah give it a try and see if it gets any better :biggrin:
So I used my phone like regular today and this is what I got. Note that this is right after I let my phone die and I powered it back onIMG_1304.png
This is way worse than what I used to get on Beta 4. This is literally right after I plugged it inIMG_4799.PNG

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner