iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iOS 7 Developer Beta 5 out via OTA at this time...

To update from Beta 4 just go to Settings - General - Software Update - Download & Install

[NOTE]To report any bugs not mentioned in the Notes and Known Issues section, use the Apple Bug Reporter on the Apple Developer website (http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/). Additionally, you may discuss these issues and iOS SDK 7.0 in the Apple Developer Forums:http://devforums.apple.com. To get more information about iCloud for Developers, go to http://developer.apple.com/icloud.
[/NOTE]

[INFO]
  • Be sure to backup your devices using iTunes 11 or later or through iCloud backup prior to installing iOS beta. After installing iOS beta, you can restore your device using either iTunes 11 or later through your iCloud backup.
  • To determine the proper download for your iPhone 5, click here. To determine the proper download for your iPad (4th generation) or iPad mini, click here.
  • This version of iOS is intended only for installation on development devices registered with Apple's Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.
[/INFO]

Use this thread for findings and discussion.

Thanks

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems Apple took just one week for Beta 5, taking into account that Beta 4 was delayed one week. That keeps the 2 weeks schedule, curiosly it comes on tuesday not monday. If BGR prediction is right we'll see one more beta before GM by first september week (2 - 8).

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I still have the issue where, when I highlight a word, and click define, it won't define. Now I don't even see an option to download the dictionary. I see "manage". But when I try to click on the dictionary, nothing happens.

Edit, I was able to fix it after beta 5. I went to general, international, changes it to Espanol, then when the phone rebooted in Spanish, then I clicked a word to define, chose the Spanish word for downloading the dictionary, and I downloaded the Apple dictionary, plus 2 other English dictionaries. Then I went back to general, international, and then English, it rebooted, now it works even better than before because I have more than one definition that pops up.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is great I was worried I wouldn't get the beta if it came out after I left on vacation. Well time to turn paralax back on and check if any of my other bugs have been fixed. This is so exciting :D

Joker022

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Couple of cosmetic changes to the Settings icons and such. Another thing I noticed was when notification pop up now there is a little pull down tab there. I'll report any new things I find.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I still have the issue where, when I highlight a word, and click define, it won't define. Now I don't even see an option to download the dictionary. I see "manage". But when I try to click on the dictionary, nothing happens.

Sometimes with these issues, a full restore is needed to clean things up. I won't do a full restore until the GM.

NickVidamour

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Signal bars showing incorrectly is still there by looks of it. As someone pointed out a full restore might clear some bugs but not doing it till the GM

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods