After fighting the "phantom usage" issue and extremely poor battery life for the past 3 days, I broke down and wiped my phone and reloaded from iTunes. It seems to have fixed it - at least for now...
    Yeah I had issues after I OTA to beta 5. Right away I restore beta 5 and things have been good besides a few things that are just straight out bugs. But never a issue with ghost usage on this beta.
    08-13-2013 01:37 PM
    I have those settings on, yet it only updates when I open the NC. I can tell because as soon as I open the NC, the GPS indicator comes on and the text for the weather info then changes to the updated info.
    I never use the weather anyway but thought I would mention the setting. It might be a bug that it doesn't update in the background because I would think that is what this setting is all about.
    08-13-2013 02:33 PM
    Loving iOS 5 so far, the speed and smoothness is beautiful. A few bugs though

- If someone sends an Emoji with no text it's impossible to open the message, it just crashes the messages app
    - Weather doesn't appear on notification center or automatically update

Another thing that's bothering me is the amount of space in the notification banner between the bottom of the next and the new pull down bar. The banners are still too big for my liking.
    08-13-2013 04:07 PM
    Loving iOS 5 so far, the speed and smoothness is beautiful. A few bugs though

- If someone sends an Emoji with no text it's impossible to open the message, it just crashes the messages app
    - Weather doesn't appear on notification center or automatically update

Another thing that's bothering me is the amount of space in the notification banner between the bottom of the next and the new pull down bar. The banners are still too big for my liking.
    LOL he said iOS 5 😋 iOS 7

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    08-13-2013 05:14 PM
    Woops, that should have been Beta 5
    Deanig_12 and Ipheuria like this.
    08-13-2013 06:22 PM
    So am I missing something I have ios 7 on my phone and ipad but notification sync does not work I still get notifications on my ipad that I cleared on my phone .. Maybe a bug ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    08-13-2013 10:51 PM
    Is anyone else having the issue with not receiving notifications for iMessages? I'm just guessing that different phones are having different bugs, and this happens to be my bug. Asking to see if anyone else has had this issue and found a solution.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    08-14-2013 11:39 AM
    The two biggest issues I've suffered from so far is that safari consistently crashes in Private mode and a substantially long reboot time. Other than that, iOS 7b5 has been fairly smooth - a couple of animation glitches here and there, but... Anyone else having the safari problem?
    08-14-2013 12:41 PM
    So am I missing something I have ios 7 on my phone and ipad but notification sync does not work I still get notifications on my ipad that I cleared on my phone .. Maybe a bug ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    You may need to reset the iMessage like turn it off on both and then turn them back on. When you turn it on there should be a message on the other device that "iPad is now using .... for iMessage" and vice versa when you turn it on for the iPhone. Then try and hopefully it should be working
    08-14-2013 12:57 PM
    Exactly the same problem which is happening to me. I did a wipe and rebuild, but it will only load apps on the first sync. Nothing else syncs at all. Blasts. May try to downgrade to iOS Beta 4.
    Reinstall the iTunes beta and it will see the memory properly and sync the phone properly. You don't need to uninstall or anything just install it right over itself. You will get errors that a few extensions were unable to install or atleast I got the message.
    08-14-2013 12:59 PM
    Anyone who says otherwise hasn't used it enough or opened enough apps. I'm still running it because I don't care - I like it too much to go back. Especially several little improvements across the board. But, yeah... Too many apps crash. Developers need to update already. Notifications for messages and other things randomly stop working. It's a beta though, so this is expected. And it's certainly running with the smoothness of a fifth iteration, so that's good.
    Trust me, I used my iphone a lot.. a lot... apps bugs or crashes really dont count since they are not written for ios7, when it comes to bugs and issues I've had none in over a week, seriously... Why would I lie??
    08-14-2013 03:19 PM
    Trust me, I used my iphone a lot.. a lot... apps bugs really dont count since they are not written for ios7, when it comes to bugs and issues I've had none in over a week, seriously... Why would I lie??
    I'm like Guacho I haven't had any issues. We're just two of the fortunate ones.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    08-14-2013 03:20 PM
    Trust me, I used my iphone a lot.. a lot... apps bugs really dont count since they are not written for ios7, when it comes to bugs and issues I've had none in over a week, seriously... Why would I lie??
    I'll say the 2 biggest issue so far on beta 5. The boot up time at around 2 minutes or so is not normal. This issue only came in on beta 5. For the people who are running on At&t and if you kick back to 4G, the 4G bars always show full even when your signal is actually really weak. This signal strength bar issue came in on beta 4 and still existed on beta 5. I can get into a lot of other minor bugs but I'll keep this short.
    08-14-2013 03:25 PM
    My main bugs come in Messages. After a while it will stop showing the correct delivered or read status and I get the message not sent error a lot but it does send. Sometimes It won't let me open a certain thread of messages to a person; the app just crashes. Other threads will be fine but one does not work. Other than that everything else runs pretty smooth.
    08-14-2013 03:33 PM
    I'm like Guacho I haven't had any issues. We're just two of the fortunate ones.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    Make it three. I had an issue with the phantom battery usage with Beta 5... a simple reload fixed that. No issues for me. At. All.
    08-14-2013 03:46 PM
    I've noticed the same thing with my iphone 5 getting quite warm while charging since I downloaded beta 5. Never had this problem before. Also Safari keep crashing. Beta 5 sucks. Beta 4 was much better. Don't know what they would've changed between beta 4 and 5 but something's not right.
    08-14-2013 06:59 PM
    Has anyone experienced an issue with the camera with Beta 5? Since updated to Beta 5 my camera doesn't focus at close objects, don't know if was a coincidence that my camera failed at the same time I updated to Beta 5...
    08-14-2013 09:56 PM
    I've noticed:
    1. Battery life has improved greatly for me. Was at 94% coming home from work.
    2. The updating process through the App Store has gotten less reliable.

Joys of beta. Imagine that beta 6 will fix these new errors.
    08-15-2013 04:06 AM
    Yeah, that's been there since beta 4
    08-15-2013 09:10 AM
    I'll say the 2 biggest issue so far on beta 5. The boot up time at around 2 minutes or so is not normal. This issue only came in on beta 5. For the people who are running on At&t and if you kick back to 4G, the 4G bars always show full even when your signal is actually really weak. This signal strength bar issue came in on beta 4 and still existed on beta 5. I can get into a lot of other minor bugs but I'll keep this short.
    Again, do these issues exist?? Yes, are they affecting my PERSONAL experience with my phone? No.
    The boot up time doesnt really affect me that much since I dont reset my iphone as often as before, the reception bars bug only seem to affect me when I'm home but the phone calls aren't affected in my experience, so I still think this beta has been great for me.
    08-15-2013 11:23 AM
    I have great battery life on beta 5. Then again I have had good battery life since beta 3.

iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21376584427.122975.jpg
    08-15-2013 12:33 PM
    Ya not to shabby
    Attached Thumbnails iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)-img_0126.png  
    08-15-2013 01:36 PM
    I just slided my NC down and I see that it tells me how long it takes to get home from work. I never had this notification before and I was wondering where it is enabled. Anybody have any idea?
    08-15-2013 02:06 PM
    I just slided my NC down and I see that it tells me how long it takes to get home from work. I never had this notification before and I was wondering where it is enabled. Anybody have any idea?
    No clue where it comes from or why it’s there (occasionally) ... it’s been discussed several times in the various beta threads, but no definitive answer to those questions...
    08-15-2013 02:35 PM
    No clue where it comes from or why it’s there (occasionally) ... it’s been discussed several times in the various beta threads, but no definitive answer to those questions...
    Settings>> Privacy>> Location Services>> scroll to System Services at the bottom>> Frequent Locations

What this "frequent locations" appears to do is collect a database of places - and the iOS will then tell you about how long it might take you to get to a particular frequently visited place via a pattern in your habits... it's my WAG that this is where it comes from...
    darksora14562 and Fausty82 like this.
    08-15-2013 02:45 PM
313 ... 10111213