iOS 7 Dev Beta 5 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is way worse than what I used to get on Beta 4. This is literally right after I plugged it in

I gotta say my battery life is worst than previous because I realized my data has been off for this whole week and I'm still charging it daily. Which I shouldn't be since i'm not using LTE anymore and when I'm not in Wifi I turn the radio off. I guess we'll just have to wait until beta 6 and see what happens. You can try one thing I usually try to get my battery life back on track and that's to use it till about 10% or lower it doesn't have to be totally out. Then quit all your apps from the multi-tasking manager plug the phone in and then power it off and let it charge for like 3 or 4 hours.

Eric Kahn

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello. New to the forum, non-dev, just updated last night. Has anyone else noticed on the iPad 2, when you have lock/unlock with Smart Cover turned on, when you open the cover, the iPad crashes and reboots? Happened each time for me. Had to turn the feature off. Regular lock/unlock via sleep button works fine.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello. New to the forum, non-dev, just updated last night. Has anyone else noticed on the iPad 2, when you have lock/unlock with Smart Cover turned on, when you open the cover, the iPad crashes and reboots? Happened each time for me. Had to turn the feature off. Regular lock/unlock via sleep button works fine.

Welcome to iMore, Eric. As for your questions, please be patient while awaiting a response. I'd help you, but I am not beta-testing iOS 7. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the rest of the forums and get acquainted. Take care, and again, welcome to iMore...:)

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Yup. Happening for me too.

Forgot that I could turn the feature off -- I just figured I'd have to ditch my smart case till beta 6...

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Just to bring topic on top again. Have you noticed all-day events still don't show up in NC. I keep getting tomorrow's summary but not specifically by event. I have all-day events like bithdays i.e. and those don't show up in notification center. I mentioned this before when Beta 2 info/bug discussion was set but except calendar isn't crashing anymore it is lacking of all-day events solution.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Exactly the same problem which is happening to me. I did a wipe and rebuild, but it will only load apps on the first sync. Nothing else syncs at all. Blasts. May try to downgrade to iOS Beta 4.

When I sync it returns to normal but halfway through the sync it says the iPhone can't be found. It's plugged in to the USB cable! :laughing: When you say nothing else syncs what happens? Do you have the sync via Wifi option on? Also are you using the new version of iTunes that came with beta 5 iOS?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My honest opinion is beta 4 was better when we talk stability. It seems like beta 5 was more about refining the UI experience but they broke a few things that was fine in beta 4. I think the more and likely "final beta" which will be beta 6, we'll just see it all come together with the biggest remaining bugs fixes and all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I like that Garz and agree. I submit enough bug reports they probably sight when they see my name :laughing: But if it turns out in a kick @$$ iOS 7 then I benefit just like anyone else.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
seems like i'm the lucky guy thats exempt from all the issues haha. my beta5 runs smoothly and is v reliable. zero crashes, reboots, battery probs, in fact i have not encountered one glitch on my phone5. there are minor issues on the iPad mini such as safari crashes (occasionally) or photos won't react when i try to swipe my way through them, but that's really all so far. very pleased with the performance. definitely not gonna return to iOs6.. ever. ;)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
seems like i'm the lucky guy thats exempt from all the issues haha. my beta5 runs smoothly and is v reliable. zero crashes, reboots, battery probs, in fact i have not encountered one glitch on my phone5. there are minor issues on the iPad mini such as safari crashes (occasionally) or photos won't react when i try to swipe my way through them, but that's really all so far. very pleased with the performance. definitely not gonna return to iOs6.. ever. ;)

Same.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
define "Lucky".. for example how long does your battery last, say if you remove your device from the charger first thing in the morning

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner