I know that I am late to the game, but I just got iOS 7 beta 4 installed. I'm really liking it so far, but I do have a question. Does the keyboard seem extremely light, or is it just me? I assume no setting to make it darker? TIA!
    07-31-2013 01:35 AM
    No way to set it to a dark theme but when in messaging the keyboard will be white but when signing in from the App Store it will be black.
    07-31-2013 01:42 AM
    Thanks! I sure would like a dark theme, or at least darken the letters and symbols on the white one.
    07-31-2013 01:56 AM
    O.P. yes it did to me. I found the whole OS too light for my tastes but one thing i noticed was i kept instinctively lean my nose towards the keyboard and had to squint. I don't have the greatest eyesight though i do wear contacts but i found my self squinting and struggling a bit to detect at a glance thin black letters against the white background. I quick google search showed this image. You'll notice one big difference is the font is much thinner which i think is why when i am glancing back and forth between board and screen i struggle to see the letters without straining. Also the background is light in the new os against light keys so i think that makes it seem bright too.

I'm very curious to see how my mom adjusts as her eyesight is worse and i had to set her desktop up for bigger fonts all around

On your point of a dark theme. Honestly i'd really like a darker them for the entire o.s. but apple is take it or leave it.
    08-06-2013 12:31 AM
    I'm old. I have old eyes and wear bifocals. I love the new keyboard. It's much cleaner and easier to read. No colour confusion. You don't aim for the key, you aim for the letter.
    lovemyspanish likes this.
    08-06-2013 12:58 PM
    I'm old. I have old eyes and wear bifocals. I love the new keyboard. It's much cleaner and easier to read. No colour confusion. You don't aim for the key, you aim for the letter.
    From the picture above i agree it seems better than my current keyboard on 6.1.4

Sent from my iPhone 5
    lovemyspanish likes this.
    08-06-2013 02:28 PM
    There is a setting in the Accessibility settings called "Increase Contrast" which will make the background of the keyboard less smoky and more solid, which might make it a little easier to read as well
    08-13-2013 02:33 PM
    I do not like that they took the .com of the keyboard, I liked it
    11-24-2013 07:10 PM
    I do not like that they took the .com of the keyboard, I liked it
    Welĺ it's still there, just hidden. You have to push long on the . Key when entering a URL.
    i7guy likes this.
    11-24-2013 07:16 PM
    Welĺ it's still there, just hidden. You have to push long on the . Key when entering a URL.
    I was irritated at exactly the same thing. Thank you for a most useful tip.
    11-24-2013 08:05 PM