removing cracked apps from ios7

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonkastone

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
so i put ios 7 on my wifes ipad because i didnt wabt to give up my jailbreak n my phone and ipad. after i installed it i backed her ipad up on my comp and it synced all of my apps to her ipad (which is obnoxious in itself). [redacted]. the icons are blacked out and when i hit the x to get rid of them nothing happens. when i try resyncing w/my laptop (or select uninstall in itunes and sync) it says it's installing those apps but nothing on the ipad changes. anyone else experience this/figure out how to get rid of those apps? not a big deal, just curious so i thought i'd ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

yonkastone

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
my bad i didn't know, feel free to close the thread. for what it's worth i'm not promoting cracked apps/piracy but whether you talk about it or not that doesn't change the fact that it happens.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
my bad i didn't know, feel free to close the thread. for what it's worth i'm not promoting cracked apps/piracy but whether you talk about it or not that doesn't change the fact that it happens.

I would just restore the device again

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

yonkastone

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me too..... iOS 7 luckily decided on Beta 2 to just let me delete the app...

Gotcha. This happened when I installed beta 4 so chances are she'll just have to deal with it until beta 5 comes out. It's weird because I get the X to delete them but nothing happens when I hit it. Not a big deal, asked more so out of curiosity than anything else.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Guys...if you were jailbroken, you should have done a hard reset (as new) prior to installing any of the betas. I strongly advise you do that prior to continuing with the beta, or just go back to 6.x, since you obviously are not legitimate beta users.

yonkastone

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Guys...if you were jailbroken, you should have done a hard reset (as new) prior to installing any of the betas. I strongly advise you do that prior to continuing with the beta, or just go back to 6.x, since you obviously are not legitimate beta users.

My wife's iPad was never jailbroken but I do appreciate the advice

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It’s also “recommended” that only genuine Apple cables and chargers be used on Apple devices.

But who does that?

You make a fair point. I'm guilty of purchasing cables and chargers from other manufacturers. Of course, they're MFI certified. As for Apps, well, I would be very uncomfortable sideloading Apps for sources other than the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh