iOS 7 Dev Beta 4 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
when ever I try to sign into iMessage it tells me "An error occurred during activation. Try again" I can't get it working. Am I the only one here? I don't see any posts about this.

I can still send text messages so it's not a big deal. I just miss the blue background

My iPad mini is doing the same thing.

darrylpierce

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with beta 4. When I go into iTunes to search for a song I have no input box. The search screen is filled with the last search I performed before upgrading to Beta 4. The App store search is fine - just iTunes.

SW00BS

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with beta 4. When I go into iTunes to search for a song I have no input box. The search screen is filled with the last search I performed before upgrading to Beta 4. The App store search is fine - just iTunes.

Yeah me too!

Miguel John1

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
That happened to me once when I manually tried to set the time on my iPhone forward, I put it back to set time automatically and then when I tried to imessage that message would come up, so I then I noticed imessage needed to be turned on again, because supposedly it turned off, dunno if it's the same situation though

mhakhot

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 4
- Slow notification and control center in Lock screen.
- Hard active notification and Control center in another full screen app.

ddeleon88

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
-Google Translate just opens then quits, never stays open
-Skype works to make calls and log-in for me but when I click on messages it closes... Strange I know...
-Siri in english (uk) sound a little strange... like a "slow" person speaking in a british accent
-Had one crash moment when my screen went a faded purple and black and then force restarted itself...
-Mailbox app wont load my acocunts

But so far no battery problems, no signal issues, just smooth sailing with most of the apps that I regularly use

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I love that swiping the NC down will dismiss all notifications from the lock screen. I hate clutter and this is a god send =) Holy Moly does my bug report list grow I've submitted five more this morning already.

Using emoji as folder labels causes them to be blacked out on the home screen
Crashing bugs from the photos app which I've seen put up here already

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
They have been releasing a beta every 2 weeks on the dot... So look for beta 5 Aug 12th is my bet!

I really hope so because I leave for vacation on the 15th and I wont have internet as much where I'm going. So it will be a lot harder to get the beta if it comes out after the 15th. I have a feeling b5 is going to be really smoothe and stable :beer:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really hope so because I leave for vacation on the 15th and I wont have internet as much where I'm going. So it will be a lot harder to get the beta if it comes out after the 15th. I have a feeling b5 is going to be really smoothe and stable :beer:

I’m leaving tomorrow for 10 days to an area with limited cellular and no wifi.. so while I’ll miss out on the update, I won’t be using my phone anyway...

Stevenojobs

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Clearly, you are not a programmer

This is exactly why i was hesitating to post that... To take condescant post like that. You don't know who is behind the computer. Done

I hope they will resolve the "little freeze" (less that 1 sec) when you go on the home screen before being able to clic somewhere...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is exactly why i was hesitating to post that... To take condescant post like that. You don't know who is behind the computer. Done

I hope they will resolve the "little freeze" (less that 1 sec) when you go on the home screen before being able to clic somewhere...

Its beta. They wrote this OS from the ground up. Got it?

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

It's because the animations take longer on iOS 7. I have no "freezing". You just have to wait till the animation is done. They speed them up in beta 4 but I wish they speed them up even more in future betas.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Maybe i'll ask this question because i'm not a developer but i don't understand how can so many things can be screwed up after all thoses years and built a strong iOs 6, they didn't rewrite EVERY single line of the OS... And you can say a lot of things but the major update is graphic.. So don't shoot at me it's just an interrogation, not a critic or something else...

P.S: An iOs 7 beta 4 user

Clearly, you are not a programmer. It?s doubtful that the folks at Apple rewrote every single line of the OS... but whenever you start rewriting and changing the internals, stuff breaks. The code that makes up iOS (any version) is huge, and complex. There are thousands of "moving parts", and whenever anything is changed, unintended consequences follow. What often times appears to be a simple "tweak" can have major (negative) impact on that or other areas of the code. When redesigning/rewriting an OS, very few of the changes are simple tweaks.

There are new features, a new SDK, and support for new, yet to be introduced hardware, etc. Stuff happens, and that?s why we test, retest, and test again...

I?m confused. Were you hesitant to post your original query because you are or are not a programmer? My comment was not intended to be offensive, but if you were a programmer, then you would have understood the implications of writing a new version of an operating system. Again, it?s a big, complex hunk of code, and there are lots of things than can go wrong. There are two primary reasons why Apple runs the beta releases for it?s developer community - (1) to shake down the OS code and (2) to allow developers to fix/improve/update any of their code that may have been broken in the process. Plain and simple.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Signal issue was the biggest this time around.

I just have inaccurate bars on 4G but I am rarely on 4G. Just occasion in the office. Mine is accurate on LTE and I am on LTE all other times. I don't see it as a signal issue for me. Phone speeds and everything else are the same. Just inaccurate bars readings when I kick back to 4G at work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods