iOS 7 Dev Beta 4 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

SW00BS

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else hate the highlighted in red, "slide to unlock?" Was it that big of a deal for Apple to make it stick out? I loved the subtlety of the prior iteration. Just saying... I do like the new forward / back icons in Safari, however...

Mine is not in red it's exactly the same as it was in B3.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else hate the highlighted in red, "slide to unlock?" Was it that big of a deal for Apple to make it stick out? I loved the subtlety of the prior iteration. Just saying... I do like the new forward / back icons in Safari, however...

It is designed to mimic, to an extent, the colors in the wallpaper behind it. Part of the "translucent" effect. Is there red in your wallpaper behind it by chance?

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Not a new glitch...have had this happen since beta 1...I was surprised to see it in beta 4 but apparently we have 2 more betas to go before GM so no biggie.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have blue behind it? Or is it completely random that it is blue? If I tilt my phone to move the wallpaper, the color of the 'slide to unlock' changes to the pic.

Sort of I my wallpaper is a close up of a yellow BMW with part of the grill and then BMW logo which has blue in it but yellow is the dominant color so it's kind of weird haha.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Background image quality is much improved. Odd that it won't allow the image to be zoomed out to a point where it doesn't fill the whole height of the screen.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
They also changed the dial pad on the phone no longer do you see your wallpaper through the numbers now it's just a solid blurred color based of you wallpaper and the on the lock screen it's reversed now instead of the solid color it picks up the translucent effect for the area your tapping so it shows the area do the wallpaper you now tap. If that makes sense.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This probably seems like a stupid question. If a device is running Beta 2 can Beta 4 be installed through iTunes on Windows or can Beta 4 only be installed using the iTunes Beta?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This probably seems like a stupid question. If a device is running Beta 2 can Beta 4 be installed through iTunes on Windows or can Beta 4 only be installed using the iTunes Beta?

you'd have to use a full ipsw obtained in the same manner you obtained beta2... and install the same way you did beta2... or beta1 if you went to beta 2 OTA...

mortys11

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Bugs

flipboard app crashes when I try to load more or access my profile

Text input seems a bit wonky

Editing text magnifier is not working properly

Wallpaper zoomed in too much and not able to fix

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Much smoother, better lock screen, all around nice improvement. They've been busy. Not noticing any big bugs yet.

Badges for apps now also don't have their own movement. Previously try could move depending on the angle of your phone mis aligning them with their icons. Now they stay in the corner. They also made some visual changes to Spotlight Search. The cursor aligns with the text again and the color palette is more consistent.

Incoming call screen when the screen is on has been simplified as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Bugs

flipboard app crashes when I try to load more or access my profile

Text input seems a bit wonky

Editing text magnifier is not working properly

Wallpaper zoomed in too much and not able to fix

Apps crashing is not a bug ..

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods