iOS 7 Dev Beta 4 info/Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is new or I just missed it until now. You can see the latest tweets (shared links) in Safari now. It's next to the favorited/reading list tabs at the top.

Arvind Manoharan

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to update via WiFi, I'm getting the following error "Unable to check for update". Anyone else facing the same problem?

Update: Download started!

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
The photo app doesnt crash as much as it did before in Beta 4. Prior to this it was almost unusable at times for me. Trying to send a pic, post to FB, etc almost guaranteed a crash unless I waited like 5 seconds in between steps. It seems to be gone now. Nice!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Installing now I'm at work had no wifi so I made a hotspot of my ipad hahaha

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes transitions are much smoother. They seemed to have sqaush quite a few of my bugs reported so far so that's good. The wallpaper is now zoomed in and you can scale or move it. Anyone using Mavericks betas beta 4 also seems to have broken notification sync. When I get a message even though I pick it up on my Mac it will not dismiss from my phone. Under privacy if you go to Frequent locations when you tap clear history it doesn't clear the history.

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
not to be a pain but does anyone know why my ios7 beta 2 would tell me its up to date, will it just kick in and update itself later or is there something I can try?

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Google+ still crashes for me. The WSJ app now works.

I have yet to find any other bugs yet.

p.s. I hate reading through post after post of "downloading", "I will try it later", "gosh this is slow", etc. OMG those are useless posts!!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems smoother for sure .. Can anybody confirm the call bug has been fixed ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
not to be a pain but does anyone know why my ios7 beta 2 would tell me its up to date, will it just kick in and update itself later or is there something I can try?

Since it's a beta Apple may have taken beta 3 off whatever pushes it OTA. So you may need to just download it somewhere in order to get to beta 4. Unless you're doing the trick to install without the dev registration in that case you might just be out of luck.

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
no idea y but my iphone 5 is hot as hell while m downloading ios 7 beta 4 OTA. its on charging too. i can barely hold it in my hand.. :/

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Since it's a beta Apple may have taken beta 3 off whatever pushes it OTA. So you may need to just download it somewhere in order to get to beta 4. Unless you're doing the trick to install without the dev registration in that case you might just be out of luck.

no im registered, I am just not the developer (its a legit account I didnt pay anyone or anything like that) s therefore my email address dosent have access to the download center,oh well off to find beta 3 ipsw

aseretis

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing an issue in which exchange email is not pushing to the device? I only finally 'receive' my email when I open the mail application.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
LTE bars are accurately reading. 4G bars are not. When in the office, I lose LTE connection from time to time and switches to 4G. I always have 2 bars only in the office of both 4G or LTE and now my 4G is registering fulls bars. I know that is not correct.