How to recover the "contact" file of an encrypted back up from my iphone 4 -

tms1234

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

First of all I am very glad that I found a forum specialized in the ios7.

Here is my problem :

I wanted to downgrade from ios 7 to ios 6 because of a synchronization problem. When it was the step to recover with an old back up, a message appeared saying that there is a problem with this encrypted back up and it is not possible to restore.
Therefore all my data are gone, and the most important for me is my contact (phone number, mail, names...). Then I have tried to upgrade one again with ios 7 thinking that it could probably work, but nothing to do it did not. After a few hours online I found a software that allowed me to "extract" all the date from this encrypted back up, and I pasted everything on my mac desk.

Then I found the one that interested me "AddressBook.sqlitedb" and "AddressBookImages.sqlitedb" with my 435 contacts.

But here is my question : how can I export, save, change the format of these two files in order to use it and export it to my iphone (knowing that it is encrypted and that I have the password) ?

I really hope that you could help me, and If I can make it clearer (I know my English is not very understandable), please feel free to ask.

Cheers.

Marc :):yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea, but I'd like to think you have an iTunes or iCloud backup that was created prior to you installing iOS 7 Beta, and if so, downgrade to iOS 6.1.x and then restore that backup. If it, too is encrypted, the password should work for you. Furthermore, if you sync your contact, calendar, etc. with iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail/Outlook, AOL, your data should be stored on the servers of the aforementioned and should be retrievable upon syncing.

tms1234

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
First of all, thanks for your answer !

Unfortunately I only have this encrypted back up from iTunes. and I don't have anything from iCloud.
I also tried this back up downgrading to ios 6 but it didn't work.

Then I think the only solution would be to kind of "export" in a different format these files :"AddressBook.sqlitedb" and "AddressBookImages.sqlitedb"..
... in order to get back my contacts.

Thanks by advance if anyone has a solution.

tms1234

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to my outlook, I got all the contact back !

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot !

SUBJECT RESOLVED.

:yes::):rotfl:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh