I don't use a operating system based on looks. It's all function.... Things can look how ever they want.. but what do you get in return.. Hopefully something solid and functional.....

Bazza1 likes this.
    08-07-2013 11:20 AM
    At least he's no Alexan81! Hahaha but getting close.
    ....Or Motoleo

:-)
    kch50428 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    08-07-2013 06:01 PM
    ....Or Motoleo
    don't even..
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    08-07-2013 08:24 PM
    don't even..
    Oh Lord haha. I looked up Alexan81's threads for a good laugh the other night I might just have to look up Motoleo.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    08-07-2013 08:29 PM
    Motoleo pretty much redefined the word Troll lol
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    08-07-2013 10:08 PM
    I have not , not decided to upgrade to iOS 7. It's so; webOS like!
    08-07-2013 10:21 PM
    Everything added is great but the phone looks girlish and it stops me from upgrading my iphone, already if it would have had a boyish theme, that would be great.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    08-08-2013 06:42 AM
    don't even..
    I thought you'd like that!
    BLiNK likes this.
    08-08-2013 04:03 PM
    Cant wait for the official release so I can update my iphone5
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    08-08-2013 09:17 PM
    I just hate threads like this. You damn well know that 99.99999 % of users that come to forums like this will upgrade the first chance they get, wether they admit it or not. The only ones not upgrading will be the clueless and the ones who can't ...
    anon5664829 likes this.
    08-23-2013 09:21 PM
    Or maybe the ones not so crazy about the UI changes?
    Derrick4Real likes this.
    08-23-2013 10:27 PM
    Or maybe the ones not so crazy about the UI changes?
    No I'm pretty sure even the ones who are not so crazy about the UI changes will upgrade as well. Even if it is just to whine about how much they hate the new UI ...
    08-24-2013 12:47 PM
    I just hate threads like this. You damn well know that 99.99999 % of users that come to forums like this will upgrade the first chance they get, wether they admit it or not. The only ones not upgrading will be the clueless and the ones who can't ...
    I wonder...

If you asked 100 random people on a street corner, "What do you think of the iOS 6 UI"
    What percentage of them would understand the question ?
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-24-2013 12:49 PM
    I would imagine that most wouldn't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Most mainstream users don't know or care about stuff like this until a more trusted tech savvy friend, or relative tells them how to feel or what to look for in a product wether it be hardware or software.
    08-24-2013 01:04 PM
    My girlfriend says she won't. I told her too bad because she has to sleep sometime and I can update it when she's passed out.
    That's funny.. I upgraded my wife's 3GS to iP5, kinda the same way, because she's on my family plan. She cant care less for the latest and greatest... I believe I'm doing a great deed, because once in a while I hear an excitement from another room "I can just talk to text?...., that's so cool" or something like that...
    08-26-2013 06:28 AM
    When i got enough money i'm switching to Android anyways, so im not going to buy new iPhone. It laggs on i4
    Chadha and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    08-27-2013 02:51 PM
    When i got enough money i'm switching to Android anyways, so im not going to buy new iPhone. It laggs on i4
    Thank you so much for letting us know!!!
    08-27-2013 04:06 PM
    Thank you so much for letting us know!!!
    Let you know what? Excuse me.. I don't really get it :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    08-27-2013 05:10 PM
    Let you know what? Excuse me.. I don't really get it :/

Gibberish ... finn was thanking you for the gibberish.
    08-27-2013 08:56 PM
    Okay, good:
    iOS 7 is running too slow for me, iOS 6 is a lot smoother.

I am used to a lot faster performance, even faster then the iPhone 5, why; because i'm used to android. High end androids simply perform faster then the iPhones. I know iPhone 5 performs better with graphics, but slower in processing power and RAM.

I like both Android and iPhone, I would have liked to have an iPhone 5, but its way to expensive.

I think iOS 7 lags to much on the iPhone 4. Even whatsapp lags too much.

08-28-2013 04:21 AM
    I like both Android and iPhone, I would have liked to have an iPhone 5, but its way to expensive.

Are you having to buy outright? Because on contract the 5 is already starting to show up at places like SAMs for $99
    08-28-2013 06:17 AM
    Are you having to buy outright? Because on contract the 5 is already starting to show up at places like SAMs for $99
    Yes. I can't get it with a contract.

08-28-2013 06:35 AM
    Well, I guess I'm kinda screwed, cause I switched from Android six months ago.

Having an iPad for six months really won me over, especially as there were soooo many things I was getting tired of with Android. (Battery life, performance, poor apps, bad design, etc..)

And why am I screwed? Cause I love ios6, esp. the design, and all the delightful skuomorphic touches. A couple of months after I switched IOS 7 gets announced, and I find it the overall design REALLY ugly and tacky.

A couple of things have been improved in the overall design since then, but not nearly enough.

So no, I definitely WON'T upgrade. Aint no way Im letting something that loud, crass and poorly designed get on my phone.

What I might do, is wait until there is a jailbreak for ios7, and when I can be sure that I can either roll it back to 6, or skin it so it'll looks like 6, THEN I might try to install ios7 for a week or two, and see if I find it as distasteful in real life as on pictures.

I guess I won't be the only one, who doesn't want to install it. Apple might come to regret how far they took their redesign.
    08-28-2013 10:36 AM
    Well, I guess I'm kinda screwed, cause I switched from Android six months ago.

Having an iPad for six months really won me over, especially as there were soooo many things I was getting tired of with Android. (Battery life, performance, poor apps, bad design, etc..)

And why am I screwed? Cause I love ios6, esp. the design, and all the delightful skuomorphic touches. A couple of months after I switched IOS 7 gets announced, and I find it the overall design REALLY ugly and tacky.

A couple of things have been improved in the overall design since then, but not nearly enough.

So no, I definitely WON'T upgrade. Aint no way Im letting something that loud, crass and poorly designed get on my phone.

What I might do, is wait until there is a jailbreak for ios7, and when I can be sure that I can either roll it back to 6, or skin it so it'll looks like 6, THEN I might try to install ios7 for a week or two, and see if I find it as distasteful in real life as on pictures.

I guess I won't be the only one, who doesn't want to install it. Apple might come to regret how far they took their redesign.
    While I highly doubt Apple will regret how far they took the design, especially considering that recent polls taken reflect a high approval of the new design, I can understand why you feel this way. It is certainly a change. A change that I myself was sketchy on 'prior' to placing it on my phone. It did not take long to grow on me. The icons do not appear out of place on my device while sitting next to others. The clean look, while overwhelmingly white at times, now seems natural. I hope that you get the opportunity to use a device for a while in which IOS 7 is actually installed. The entire experience is different from what still pictures and youtube videos suggest.

Also, keep in mind that some apps are already running overhauls to take on the look of ios 7. The day may come sooner that later where IOS 6 begins to look 'out of place' considering that 3rd party apps have jumped on board with the new look.
    08-28-2013 10:43 AM
    While I highly doubt Apple will regret how far they took the design, especially considering that recent polls taken reflect a high approval of the new design,.
    Which one of them? Some polls go the other way, and show a majority that dislike the new design. (Poll: What Do You Think Of The New iOS 7 Design?)

I saw one on Polar that was mostly in favor, but when it comes to a UI, even a 20% or 30% minority that doesn't like your new UI can be a problem.

As to whether they'll regret it, we'll see. One thing is for certain, I don't think we will see the same kind of OS-unity and lack of fragmentation (95% right now use ios6) this time next year.

Apple will probably dial the new design elements down a bit in the future though. They tend to go all out in the first version, and dial it back again once the dust has settled, and they have time to immerse themselves.

As for me, I'll def. give ios7 a couple of weeks. (But only when I have the option to go back) if I don't like it, I'll keep my iphone5 an ios6 machine. And who knows... Maybe Android manufacturers will catch up to where ios6 is in a year or two, so I could switch over again, lol!

Also, keep in mind that some apps are already running overhauls to take on the look of ios 7. The day may come sooner that later where IOS 6 begins to look 'out of place' considering that 3rd party apps have jumped on board with the new look.
    Ive thought about that, and thank god that app upgrades are optional

Some apps will undoubtedly go full-on ios7 style, those I'd probably not upgrade, unless it really adds major functionality.

Some will never switch over. I have a couple of apps that I use that work excellently, but have almost never been updated.

As for the vast majority, I think they'll tread carefully at first. Implement the new APIs, but not change the design too much. Or try to go for a neutral style. There still are a lot of iPhones that won't be able to run it, and some who won't update to ios7 even if they could. Esp. Iphone4 owners.
    08-28-2013 11:40 AM
148 ... 3456