iOS 7 Dev Beta 3.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reycosare

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I registered my udid. I'm on iPhone 5 and I did a fresh restore on ios 7 beta 3. But when I install my application and my songs through iTunes. It's automatically canceling my sync. I don't know what's the problem. Please help me. Do I need to reinstall iTunes on my computer?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thinking of loading the beta .. I have been waiting just because well its beta lol I did beta test iOS 6 so I know what's expected .. Is beta 3 pretty stable or should I wait till 4 or 5 ? I see a lot of people abandon ship back to iOS 6 I don't what to go back and forth is it really that bad ?

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Its fairly decent. The people who abandon betas are ones who expect a beta to be perfect. If you don't want to deal with bugs, stay away. Its making progress but has much more work ahead.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
smh. Some things will never change around here. Don't blame a dev for you running a app on a beta that can't be coded with 7.0 SDK yet.

They ought to make a recording... I agree with the SMH... too many ignorant* people wanting to show off the new version of iOS without understanding what it is.

*ignorant |ˈignərənt| (adjective) lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: e.g., they were ignorant of astronomy.

reycosare

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Doing a fresh restore on ios 7 beta 1,2 and 3 everytime I do it, I can't even install any apps or songs using iTunes on my computer. Can someone help me how to fix this? Do I need to reinstall iTunes?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Doing a fresh restore on ios 7 beta 1,2 and 3 everytime I do it, I can't even install any apps or songs using iTunes on my computer. Can someone help me how to fix this? Do I need to reinstall iTunes?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

It's going to be hard for someone to help you fix the problem it's a beta. You can try re-installing iTunes so if you're looking for someone to tell you if it's a good idea yes it seems like a good idea. You can also try syncing to iTunes through Wifi without the USB and see if that works. As an example I have Mavericks on my laptop and with beta 2 and Mavericks DP 2 iTunes wouldn't recognize my devices anymore. I didn't panic I initiated the wifi sync from the device and I noticed that it was the only way I could sync my devices. Then beta 3 and DP 3 came along and the problem was fixed. It's the price you pay to run a beta you have to understand and accept that maybe the sync issue will not be able to be fixed for you until beta 4 that is a legitimate thing that could happen. You might have to install iTunes on another machine and sync from there there are just so many variables and that is the life of a beta tester.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having wifi drop issues? If my iphone 5 or iPad go to sleep it kicks me off of my wifi connection and forgets it. So I have to re enter my password. Anyone find a work around. Not a huge deal but it is annoying going into my device to check something only to be greeted with the no Internet connection error. Then have to re enter my password. Everything else on ios 7 for a 3rd beta is pretty flawless .

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I went to bed with about 65% and woke up to dead phone. Good thing I woke up on time for work. Going back to iOS 6.

via Tapatalk

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having wifi drop issues? If my iphone 5 or iPad go to sleep it kicks me off of my wifi connection and forgets it. So I have to re enter my password. Anyone find a work around. Not a huge deal but it is annoying going into my device to check something only to be greeted with the no Internet connection error. Then have to re enter my password. Everything else on ios 7 for a 3rd beta is pretty flawless .

This happens if you have a hidden wifi network, unhide the network and it should function as normal. I've already submitted a bug report regarding this.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm more intrigued by this "screen flex", how exactly was it flexing?

When I applied light pressure to the center of the screen it made an audible clicking sound. Made me crazy when I would tap and it would click. The genius was quick to acknowledge that some phones do it and offered a replacement.

thejesusegg

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with getting wifi syncing to work with the iOS betas? I have not been able to get it to work since Beta 1. My iPod touch with iOS 6 continues to work fine.
It's not a huge deal as I can still sync via USB, but I thought I would throw it out there.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with getting wifi syncing to work with the iOS betas? I have not been able to get it to work since Beta 1. My iPod touch with iOS 6 continues to work fine.
It's not a huge deal as I can still sync via USB, but I thought I would throw it out there.
Didn't work for me even on beta1... I've just been doing manual, physical connect to iTunes syncs about once a week - or when there have been some app updates that I fetched via iTunes and the auto-update in iOS7 hadn't gotten around to fetching the updates yet...

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Didn't work for me even on beta1... I've just been doing manual, physical connect to iTunes syncs about once a week - or when there have been some app updates that I fetched via iTunes and the auto-update in iOS7 hadn't gotten around to fetching the updates yet...

You need the ios 7 SDK installed for wireless syncing to function as normal.

hussberry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, it happens when you are using the phone. Lets say you are on your mail, safari or messages if a call comes in. It automatically comes in as 2 calls. I have that same problem and I couldn't find a way to fix it

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me as well. I performed the reset, erase all content and settings and after this it worked for me.

I also found that if you go and try to "re-purchase" one of your paid apps, it'll tell you it's free because you already purchased it and after that all of your previously loaded apps will reappear in the "on this phone" "not on this phone" sections.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When connected to wifi, I not only was I unable to receive calls. I was unable to pair any bluetooth device requiring a PIN. I also was not able to stream music to my 13 Equinox via bluetooth without skips and pauses.

Once I turned wifi off and reset networks. All the issues above cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal