Seems to be more bugs in this beta....

Are more people still having problems with the phone app and calls not ringing through?
    I've found if wifi is on, I don't receive call notifications at all of any sort. No vibration, no screen, and no ringtone. If wifi is off it works fine.
    Cdperron and Good OL MC like this.
    07-10-2013 01:30 AM
    I've found if wifi is on, I don't receive call notifications at all of any sort. No vibration, no screen, and no ringtone. If wifi is off it works fine.
    I keep wifi on, and am connected to wifi about 60% of the time. I am getting all of my calls, alerts and notifications.
    07-10-2013 01:39 AM
    Anyone else having problems that the phone is turned off every know and then ? ( Iphone 5 )
    Happened to me a few times since Beta3.
    Yes it happened to me. (4s)
    07-10-2013 03:37 AM
    Nope - happened a lot with Beta 2, but not with Beta 1, and hasn't happened once since going to 3 on Monday evening !
    07-10-2013 04:27 AM
    I can not update or install new apps. Someone with the same problem?
    07-10-2013 04:34 AM
    I'm on 4S, i didn't stay with beta 2 because it was not for daily use, but with beta 3 Apple really did a good job !! Smooth, Not much lag, and only one reboot since... So pretty good !

I restored from beta 2, then icloud backup from iOs 6, then OTA update...
    07-10-2013 06:15 AM
    Battery life has been extremely good for me as well on Beta 3. Running on my Verizon iPhone 5.
    07-10-2013 08:10 AM
    I am noticing an issue with app updates. The settings are ON to auto update apps, but with beta 3, I am having to manually update apps again.

Also, since beta 3, I no longer get the auto-downloads for apps/music that I purchase via my iPad and/or my MBP. Again, the settings are ON, but no luck.
    07-10-2013 09:16 AM
    Maybe Apple removed this an I'm just slow (which is possible) but in Beta 1 I could double tap the home button and the music controls would come up. In B2 I couldn't do that, I'd have to open control center which annoyed me. Now in Beta 3 I still have to start the music from Control Center but now if I try to stop it the buttons don't work in control center or on the lock screen, so I have to go into my phone and go into the music app.

I have read through other pages and haven't seen anyone else having this issue. I'm thinking about doing a fresh install of B3 just to see if that fixes anything.
    07-10-2013 09:54 AM
    I know iCloud backups aren't backwards compatible but I thought I remember reading on here that an iTunes backup would be compatible if having to downgrade. Is this correct? I'm going to get my phone replaced/fixed because of my sleep/wake button going out and I had it plugged into my MBP clicked on backup but when I downgraded my backup wouldn't restore said the software was too old. Not sure if I did something wrong in the process or I'll have to wait to get back onto the beta with my new device to be able to get back all my data.
    07-10-2013 10:16 AM
    Hi all,

Great website, i just signed up.

A bug I came across is that my alarm didn't go off this morning... in addition to also having some of the calls not ringing problems others have mentioned.

Not sure if this is a new feature but i also noticed it's now possible to remove songs from playlists in the music app by simply swiping left on the song and then confirming the delete.

Cheers,

-blinkieme
    07-10-2013 10:46 AM
    After rebooting (powering off or resetting), Siri tries to launch once and fails. No response after that.
    07-10-2013 10:47 AM
    Same thing is happening to my 4S. With WiFi on I get calls/notifications sometimes, WiFi off they come through as normal.
    markhunsaker likes this.
    07-10-2013 12:11 PM
    I know iCloud backups aren't backwards compatible but I thought I remember reading on here that an iTunes backup would be compatible if having to downgrade. Is this correct? I'm going to get my phone replaced/fixed because of my sleep/wake button going out and I had it plugged into my MBP clicked on backup but when I downgraded my backup wouldn't restore said the software was too old. Not sure if I did something wrong in the process or I'll have to wait to get back onto the beta with my new device to be able to get back all my data.
    Backups made on iTunes when it was on iOS 6.1.x should work, although people have said that they have difficulties. (Hard to know if they did everything right.) Sounds like you're trying to restore an iOS 7 backup to an iOS 6.1.4 install, which shouldn't work.

Seeing as how you're replacing the device anyway, just restore it once you've got your new device...
    07-10-2013 12:18 PM
    When you launch the Facetime application, then quit and then try to turn on the flashlight with the swipe up shortcut, you just can't the icon is grey. Do you experience the same thing ? Have to quit the app in multitasking to be able to turn on... Would be cool to notice apple, i don't know how to do..
    07-10-2013 12:19 PM
    When you launch the Facetime application, then quit and then try to turn on the flashlight with the swipe up shortcut, you just can't the icon is grey. Do you experience the same thing ? Have to quit the app in multitasking to be able to turn on... Would be cool to notice apple, i don't know how to do..
    Yep, I'm seeing the same thing.
    07-10-2013 12:47 PM
    One thing I've noticed is that Beta 3 has introduced some lag when switching between apps from the app switcher, particularly messages, and there is now some lag in the parallax feature.

Otherwise everything is beta good.
    07-10-2013 12:49 PM
    everything works great. much better than beta 2 (besides the one game). There is only one issue I am having now. Has anyone had a problem with the settings not wanting to open out of nowhere? When I double click home, I can see the settings box there but when i click it, it goes back to the home screen.
    07-10-2013 12:56 PM
    Backups made on iTunes when it was on iOS 6.1.x should work, although people have said that they have difficulties. (Hard to know if they did everything right.) Sounds like you're trying to restore an iOS 7 backup to an iOS 6.1.4 install, which shouldn't work.

Seeing as how you're replacing the device anyway, just restore it once you've got your new device...
    Yeah that's what I thought, thanks!
    07-10-2013 01:04 PM
    iPhone 5 verizon. No call issues or really any big bugs to stop me as a daily iOS

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-10-2013 01:15 PM
    The battery life in this build is phenomenal. I'm well into 24 hours with light use and my battery is still at 40%. Curiously tho, I cant post a screen shot as it's not showing in usage statistics now, just lines and saying it will show again when it's fully charged. When I woke up this morning and checked they were there. Weird.
    07-10-2013 02:53 PM
    Anyone else have issue with Spotlight not showing any search results?
    Yeah I'm having the same issue. Haven't yet found anyone with a workaround for it.
    07-10-2013 03:13 PM
    The battery life in this build is phenomenal. I'm well into 24 hours with light use and my battery is still at 40%. Curiously tho, I cant post a screen shot as it's not showing in usage statistics now, just lines and saying it will show again when it's fully charged. When I woke up this morning and checked they were there. Weird.
    Im having the same issue ever since beta 2 even if my phone is fully charged it won't show usage or statistics lol any idea?
    07-10-2013 03:42 PM
    Yeah I'm having the same issue. Haven't yet found anyone with a workaround for it.
    Not issues using spotlight..
    07-10-2013 03:46 PM
    So, I'd say it's an improvement from the last, but still not ready for installing on on a main device.
    07-10-2013 03:54 PM
447 ... 7891011 ...