iOS 7 Dev Beta 3.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Apart from a wonky usage indicator, beta three is working very well on an iPhone 5 and an iPad 2.

The bug where when you get to the home screen from the app selector and can't pull up the control centre -- that's still around, but it's really a trivial bug. (Move to next screen, then go home again.)

Beta three is snappier, and better-looking.

Having said all that, probably some massive bug is looking to take me unawares. But till then, v. smooth version just now.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if I'm noticing a difference, but seems like the Safari "tabs" view (ie. the Rolodex) has more depth to it... Seems easier to distinguish between the open windows... Am I seeing things?

Reefrf

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it necessary to do a restore after downloading IOS beta or is it only when they're issues? When I tried doing a restore through ITunes on my ipad mini it came up with an error.

[*]Be sure to backup your devices using iTunes 11 or later or through iCloud backup prior to installing iOS beta. After installing iOS beta, you can restore your device using either iTunes 11 or later through your iCloud backup.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
are all these crashes i'm hearing about normal for an ios beta? Just curious. I've no idea. I've never paid one bit of attention to betas or how they are going or anything so i don't know.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Gosh. I don't have wi fi at my girlfriends house and I'm stuck on beta 2. Have to wait till there is wi fi somewhere. I do wish apple could include ota through 3G that would be rad.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
are all these crashes i'm hearing about normal for an ios beta? Just curious. I've no idea. I've never paid one bit of attention to betas or how they are going or anything so i don't know.

Crashing is normal for betas but not extreme. Most of apple betas have been smooth with subtle crashes depending on what is happening in an app

alexanderandreas021

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I downloaded iOS 7 Beta for free without having to be a developer. Anyways, as I did this, I already backed up my phone. As I reset it, it said set up as new phone or back up from iCloud or iTunes. I chose iTunes, but that took forever, so I reset and selected set up as a new phone.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Now my network says " 4G " instead of Lte.
Not sure if it's because if beta 3 or the service provider
unygu9eb.jpg

And Siri has a black screen
ny9etave.jpg

Anyone have this??

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Bracing for the "get the ##!! off beta" posts in response to a few of the overnight posts. (Any more of those and I'll be tempted to join in. ;))

Also have not been able to reproduce that home screen control centre issue I was having. Maybe it's intermittent, maybe my phone just needed a reset.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Gosh. I don't have wi fi at my girlfriends house and I'm stuck on beta 2. Have to wait till there is wi fi somewhere. I do wish apple could include ota through 3G that would be rad.
It would be rad all right... all those rad people would whine that an iOS update chewed though their data limits on their plan and it's all Apple's fault for causing data overages from allowing iOS updates over cellular...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be rad all right... all those rad people would whine that an iOS update chewed though their data limits on their plan and it's all Apple's fault for causing data overages from allowing iOS updates over cellular...

You got a point. Every possible solution would be a problem some how or some way.

feng72

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
After updating to the beta 3 version of iOS 7 my phone is no longer ringing when receiving incoming calls. Is anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen