iOS 7 beta for iPad compared to iPhone

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Although I'm using an iPad Mini, I'm seeing bugs and relative slowness in beta 2 on the iPad. Strangely, it feel exactly like beta 1 on the iPhone. The responsiveness we've gained in beta 2 on the iPhone is not there in the iPad.

One of the major bugs I've seen is when multitasking, apps have to fully reload even when using the multitasking pane. There is no saved state. Even safari, the page has to reload.

Just wondering if anyone else feels this is a beta 1 for the iPad.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Can't say about a mini... but on my wifi iPad3, PDFs in Safari for my local paper's e-edition did not display properly, AirPlay to my AppleTV dropped out a lot when playing a stream... the multitasking was wonky... I reverted back to 6.1.3

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm using an iPad Mini, I'm seeing bugs and relative slowness in beta 2 on the iPad. Strangely, it feel exactly like beta 1 on the iPhone. The responsiveness we've gained in beta 2 on the iPhone is not there in the iPad.

One of the major bugs I've seen is when multitasking, apps have to fully reload even when using the multitasking pane. There is no saved state. Even safari, the page has to reload.

The development on iOS for iPad is a little behind the iPhone's progress. They are beginning to separate the two and make the iPad version more specialized for the larger display. It'll be caught up by launch.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I haven’t installed the iOS 7 beta on any of my iPads yet... but yes, although it’s officially labeled "beta 2" by Apple, this is the first iOS 7 beta available for any of the iPads, so it probably does "feel" like a beta 1 release... I’m sure it will improve with future betas, but, unfortunately, at least for now, it is what it is.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah found a ton of new bugs on the iPad for beta 2. The caps lock doesn't work, wallpapers are jittery, animations are choppy. I wasn't expecting anything anyway seeing as it was released after the iPhone I expected it to have it's own set of bugs to be worked out.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i actually havent had any issues so far running ios7 b2 on my ipad mini. ill have to see if i can replicate the caps lock bug you mentioned. its actually running fairly smooth for me though.

Chiranjeev

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
This is apple company,they can never make ios filled with bugs n lags. So guys wait for it to rls to the public.This is in beta now,it's obvious u will experience so many bugs. They will surely fix everything.

Sent from my iPad

Stevenojobs

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on iPad 2 and it's the same, really buggy. But i'm gonna try to set up as a new device, because i think restore from an ios 6 back up really mess with the OS. It's gonna take one hour to download and set up everything but i think it worth the try...

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm on iPad 2 and it's the same, really buggy. But i'm gonna try to set up as a new device, because i think restore from an ios 6 back up really mess with the OS. It's gonna take one hour to download and set up everything but i think it worth the try...

I set mines up as new and there are still issues. I'm contemplating going back to 6.1.2 and rejailbrake.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
This is apple company,they can never make ios filled with bugs n lags. So guys wait for it to rls to the public.This is in beta now,it's obvious u will experience so many bugs. They will surely fix everything.

Yes we know, just a general thread about the feel of the beta.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Can't say about a mini... but on my wifi iPad3, PDFs in Safari for my local paper's e-edition did not display properly, AirPlay to my AppleTV dropped out a lot when playing a stream... the multitasking was wonky... I reverted back to 6.1.3
Tried again... overcame the PDF issue with the browser Opera Mini... the AirPlay issue still remains... and I can deal with the multitasking issues...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73