iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This might sound like a silly question to ask, but yesterday I received a brand new iPhone 5 from the Apple store as an exchange due to my power/sleep/wake button not working properly. I have only gone through one full cycle of the battery once.

My question is should I continue to condition the battery FIRST before I install iOS 7 beta? Or will it matter?

That is not a dumb question at all😃.
It won't make a difference. Since it's beta, the battery life is known to fluctuate.

andykan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone of you encountering bugs on the Music app itself? For example if I fast forward a song. It just keep going on and on despite me trying to pause, switch songs, or killing the music app. I have to reboot my phone to stop it.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone of you encountering bugs on the Music app itself? For example if I fast forward a song. It just keep going on and on despite me trying to pause, switch songs, or killing the music app. I have to reboot my phone to stop it.

The only big I have experienced is when I change albums or artists the music app crashes at times.
Try rebooting your device

andykan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else finds iOS 7 not as snappy? I feel that the animations are a little bit too long. For example, on iOS 6, I could unlock my phone and straight away swipe across my homescreen.
On iOS 7, I kind of have to wait like half a second in order to do so. I hope this is only happening in beta.

That's the deal breaker for me, so I had to downgrade back to iOS 6.

JessMulatto

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The bug that I've come across that I hadn't seen mentioned is how some of my notifications will repeatedly appear and continue to stay in the notification center. Usually upon reboot it will stop, but otherwise most anything that is not Messages will keep popping up

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else have their service bars, service provider, time and battery information stay on the top regardless of what you do? Example: I'll be watching a youtube video on landscape mode and it will be there.

My friend runs the iOS 7 beta two as well, but on a 4S, and he doesn't have it.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have their service bars, service provider, time and battery information stay on the top regardless of what you do? Example: I'll be watching a youtube video on landscape mode and it will be there.

My friend runs the iOS 7 beta two as well, but on a 4S, and he doesn't have it.

It's a beta so still some bugs, but yes, I get that on YouTube. Remember, apps have not been optimized for iOS 7 yet since its not a public release.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm consistently having the same issue, and it's a pretty big one.

My touch screen becomes unresponsive. Completely. Home button and lock button work fine. Siri comes up and works. No touch screen.

It seems to mostly happen after a springboard crash. However, I've had it present without a crash beforehand.

Hard reboot(holding home and lock) doesn't fix it. I can't power down normally, as I can't use the touch screen. Only way I've found to get it back is to hard reboot, and power back on by plugging it in to a charger. Driving me nuts.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Surprising nice battery life on wifi.
arahyja4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm consistently having the same issue, and it's a pretty big one.

My touch screen becomes unresponsive. Completely. Home button and lock button work fine. Siri comes up and works. No touch screen.

It seems to mostly happen after a springboard crash. However, I've had it present without a crash beforehand.

Hard reboot(holding home and lock) doesn't fix it. I can't power down normally, as I can't use the touch screen. Only way I've found to get it back is to hard reboot, and power back on by plugging it in to a charger. Driving me nuts.

Hold down the home button to launch siri, and launch an app like "Launch Photos" and it will get you back in.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else finds iOS 7 not as snappy? I feel that the animations are a little bit too long. For example, on iOS 6, I could unlock my phone and straight away swipe across my homescreen.
On iOS 7, I kind of have to wait like half a second in order to do so. I hope this is only happening in beta.

I understand your pain, the animations and zoom in-out when you interact with the phone feels pretty slow, they are very nice but I think it's not as fast as ios6, specially when quickly closing, opening and multitasking between apps,
I'm sure it'll get better ..

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Keep in mind this is BETA.....

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The lockscreen bug is hitting me with all its force, it's happening pretty much once or twice an hour, the locckscreen wont unlock, no control center or notification center, not even Siri gets me out of it, did a reset and still unresponsive.

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The lockscreen bug is hitting me with all its force, it's happening pretty much once or twice an hour, the locckscreen wont unlock, no control center or notification center, not even Siri gets me out of it, did a reset and still unresponsive.

Hmm that sucks. I have had it a few times and launching an app with Siri has always worked. I haven't been able to pin point what causes it yet.

I did a straight restore over the weekend and my battery life is actually tolerable now. And haven't had the locked screen yet on new install.

I wonder if it is certain apps? Or transparencies from apps?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmm that sucks. I have had it a few times and launching an app with Siri has always worked. I haven't been able to pin point what causes it yet.

I did a straight restore over the weekend and my battery life is actually tolerable now. And haven't had the locked screen yet on new install.

I wonder if it is certain apps? Or transparencies from apps?

Siri has been wonky for me the last few days.

Balooz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Ive had low battery message pop up after restarts, and when you are unable to dismiss the warning, you are unable to get past your lock screen. Until you pass 20% or plug in and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW