iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

End_User

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Strange. Ya I restored on beta 1 as new. And took beta 2 ota. Battery was fine in 1 total crap in 2. Hmmm Maybe I will try and reset all settings first and see how that goes.

MarcoPT

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I saw somewhere something like having an event in the calendar and be a notification we were to X km from the venue. Any one can help me on this question?

Sorry my English

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed that rather than tapping home button and taking you to the blank search phone screen, you have to swipe down from the icons and that pops up

jordb22

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
After living with this I have found a few issues that I haven't seen mentioned already.

Again I am running AT&T iPhone 4S.

Sometimes when I try to open Camera it just flat out doesn't open. I however do not have any issue opening the camera from the lock screen.

Some bugs I'm having on the lock screen is sometimes when I push the button the time will appear below the date then shift back above. Also sometime when I go to lock screen it shows the background of my home page and has just the time and date nothing else appears. I had to turn the phone off to work again.

The only big that comes to mind is when in Messages if I type part of a message then use Siri to complete the rest of it the chat bubble is only as large as the text that I typed. I can see the rest of my message and it will be on top of any other messages that come in afterwards.

I feel like there is a bit of a bug with Notifcations but I'm not completely sure yet

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
After living with this I have found a few issues that I haven't seen mentioned already.

Again I am running AT&T iPhone 4S.

Sometimes when I try to open Camera it just flat out doesn't open. I however do not have any issue opening the camera from the lock screen.

Some bugs I'm having on the lock screen is sometimes when I push the button the time will appear below the date then shift back above. Also sometime when I go to lock screen it shows the background of my home page and has just the time and date nothing else appears. I had to turn the phone off to work again.

The only big that comes to mind is when in Messages if I type part of a message then use Siri to complete the rest of it the chat bubble is only as large as the text that I typed. I can see the rest of my message and it will be on top of any other messages that come in afterwards.

I feel like there is a bit of a bug with Notifcations but I'm not completely sure yet

I have experienced the same time shifting on the lock screen from about middle of the screen to the top. Not really major just kind of annoying. Also when I get notifications they only come part of the way down so you cannot see all of the notification. Other than that hasn't been too bad so far.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
They should have made beta topic by device. Seems iPhone 5 has none of the issues the older versions have.
iOS 7 beta 2 I5
iOS 7 beta 2 I4S
And so on. Now that the iPads and iPod are in the miss now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Henrywu

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 4s running iOS beta 2. I have been experiencing a very strange bug: when I play a song from the music application, the song doesn't play and skips to the next song. Eventually it skips through all my songs deleting the files. In Settings/General/About it displays that I have 0 songs. This doesn't happen every time, and resyncing songs usually returns music to normal. Does anybody have any ideas why this happens or has anyone else encountered this bug?

Questionmark

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4s running iOS beta 2. I have been experiencing a very strange bug: when I play a song from the music application, the song doesn't play and skips to the next song. Eventually it skips through all my songs deleting the files. In Settings/General/About it displays that I have 0 songs. This doesn't happen every time, and resyncing songs usually returns music to normal. Does anybody have any ideas why this happens or has anyone else encountered this bug?

This happens on my iPad 4 with iOS 7 Beta 2. I have songs that the Music app doesn't recognize.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have iPhone 5 and am experiencing the lock screen clock issue too.

Just an annoyance really.

Ditto. Also when my phone is locked and I get a notification, the screen lights up almost like a flash. Just for a split second.

Just a side note, preference really, I really like the dark themes keyboard like the one used when you search your phone by swiping down from any of the "home screens" I also hope the navigation menus end up looking like the ones at the top in FaceTime. IMO they look flat, simple and clean.

znoblebb

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
couple thoughts on ios7

is it just me or is locking (put to sleep)/ unlocking (waking from sleep) seem to be an issue, or did my power button just so happen to start going wonky as soon as i installed beta 2?

i like the first and last initial now in imessage chats, but i personally feel it is redundant to have the full name above the message (as before) as well as the first and last initial in a grey circle next to the message

beta 1 battery life i always needed my charger with me and it charged slow as dirt, now ive used it heavy and still have 14% left at 1am

whole OS is faster but still could be noticibly faster (beta obvi)

i see no reason why this couldnt be daily driven at this point, obviously for a user who can deal with minor things here and there

in safari, when you tap the search/website bar, i, 80% of the time do a search and not a direct website and find myself pushing the '.com' butto rather than the 'space' button waaaaay too much, personally id take away the .com and make a big space bar

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys my friend is waiting for his UDID to get registered but I installed Beta 2 before his device was registered can I DFU him back to iOS 6 or is phone useless till it's registered?

Edit: Nevermind I got his phone restored to 6.1.4 while we wait.

Last edited:

moses_1122

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
message app crashing.... mail crashes when music is playing. panorama not working.. battery drainage a bit quicker. m back to ios 6.1.4 till official ios 7 is out...

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Here is a possible bug. I cannot delete my iCloud account from my iPod Touch 5G. Once I click on the "Delete Account" button, I am asked for my Apple password. However, there is now way for me to enter it as the keyboard does not appear. As a result, I cannot delete the iCloud account from my iPod Touch.

IMG_0003.PNG

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
couple thoughts on ios7

in safari, when you tap the search/website bar, i, 80% of the time do a search and not a direct website and find myself pushing the '.com' butto rather than the 'space' button waaaaay too much, personally id take away the .com and make a big space bar

Yesss, when I started using the new Safari I even thought it was a bug, until I finally looked down and noticed the .com button, the space button is just too small in portrait mode and I'm constantly searching stuff and pressing that button.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
couple thoughts on ios7

is it just me or is locking (put to sleep)/ unlocking (waking from sleep) seem to be an issue, or did my power button just so happen to start going wonky as soon as i installed beta 2?

i like the first and last initial now in imessage chats, but i personally feel it is redundant to have the full name above the message (as before) as well as the first and last initial in a grey circle next to the message

beta 1 battery life i always needed my charger with me and it charged slow as dirt, now ive used it heavy and still have 14% left at 1am

whole OS is faster but still could be noticibly faster (beta obvi)

i see no reason why this couldnt be daily driven at this point, obviously for a user who can deal with minor things here and there

I'm experiencing the sane problem. Your power button isn't wonky. It's the software.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Have u noticed that in contacts you can now add a note to your contact
memuteby.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads