iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Task switcher is working properly for you? The "preview" snapshots still show in a portrait view while the icons rotate to landscape view while in landscape mode.

no that was when I was listing the things that didn't work. I get the same as you I just worded it differently. It probably has something to do with the fact that now the iPad has beta 2 so the code has probably been changed for the app switcher. So now on beta 2 my devices aren't recognized by iTunes 😂 I plug em in they make the noise for charging, I can get my images through Image Capture but when I open iTunes nada. There are a ton of things that don't work on the iPad, caps lock doesn't work, can't put pictures on Photo stream, keyboard keeps disappearing in the Reminders app. Now I've discovered that going to collections in the Photo app on my iPhone crashes to home screen. Ahhh well it's all fun they are still functional for me, the thing that sucks is without iTunes I can't get my crash logs to submit. Though I am using Mavericks so after a reboot I'll see if iTunes corrects itself.

lakerpride08

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 and the Air Drop feature is not showing on the "buttom pull up screen". Also the feature where you can see your background pic behind your apps is not there. Is this only a iphone 5 feature? Thank you for any help you all can provide!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 and the Air Drop feature is not showing on the "buttom pull up screen". Also the feature where you can see your background pic behind your apps is not there. Is this only a iphone 5 feature? Thank you for any help you all can provide!

AirDrop is not an iPhone4 feature...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
[h=2]AirDrop[/h]
  • iPhone 5
  • 4th generation iPad with Retina
  • iPad mini
  • 5th generation iPod touch
[h=2]Swipe and panoramic photo[/h]
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 5
[h=2]Square photos and video formats[/h]
  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 5
  • 3rd generation iPad with Retina
  • iPad mini
[h=2]Live Camera filters[/h]
  • iPhone 5
[h=2]Filters in Photos app[/h]
  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 5
  • 3rd generation iPad with Retina
  • iPad mini

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like one of your apps is constantly trying to update or connect to something. I took my iPhone off charge before I went to bed last night, it's now 8:30PM here and my battery is still around 20% despite heavy usage, tempted to say it's even better than IOS 6 for me at the moment

Thanks, my general experience with beta 2 is not as good as beta 1, phone in general feels slower and the screen seems much less responsive as well, but that's ok, I'll figure it out..

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
After a full charge on b2, my battery life is ridiculous. I took it off the charger 7hrs ago and I'm sitting at 91% with moderate usage.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
One nice "fix" is on the phone call screen. Now when you go to speaker phone or mute, the text is highlighted with a lighter color background around the word... so instead of seeing a dark grey text on a black background saying "speaker" or "mute", you can actually see that these features are active.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
One nice "fix" is on the phone call screen. Now when you go to speaker phone or mute, the text is highlighted with a lighter color background around the word... so instead of seeing a dark grey text on a black background saying "speaker" or "mute", you can actually see that these features are active.

Good catch, the word " speaker" or "mute" are now highlighted instead of the whole thing.
I just noticed the green bar that sits on top while on a phone call, man!!! Talking about green, you can't get more green and strong than that, I only looked at it for a second and now everything I see is green... I'll have to wait 24 hours before it goes away.. =)

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
After a full charge on b2, my battery life is ridiculous. I took it off the charger 7hrs ago and I'm sitting at 91% with moderate usage.

I'm not quite that good, but overall it seems pretty strong. Today I've been off the charger for 11 hours so far and I've logged ~4:15 of phone calls via a bluetooth headset and I've handled around 50 emails spread across two different pushed accounts, one icloud and one exchange. I'm currently at 29%. While I would always like it to be better I can't complain and hopefully it will continue to improve.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Good catch, the word " speaker" or "mute" are now highlighted instead of the whole thing.
I just noticed the green bar that sits on top while on a phone call, man!!! Talking about green, you can't get more green and strong than that, I only looked at it for a second and now everything I see is green... I'll have to wait 24 hours before it goes away.. =)

I would agree, they could definitely tone that down a bit. It's about as neon green as you can get.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I would agree, they could definitely tone that down a bit. It's about as neon green as you can get.

It’s the same green as the Phone and the FaceTime icons, but when it’s in that bar across the top of the screen, it really "pops". I know what you mean. Guacho, about it being burned into your eyes...

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Cool my status bar on landscape on iPhone 5. Would be cool to have rotatable springboard on iPhone too.
tu6a6una.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jops24

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing the carrier signal, time, and battery status stay in black color text in the homescreen? also when the hotspot indicator is always on and it wont hide in any app, it just stays there...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372200680.289182.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372200706.633448.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372200727.499637.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372200742.084691.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.