iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Two reasons:
  1. There?s only one AppStore... and it they fill it up with iOS 7 based apps, non-devs with iOS 6 will have issues with apps not working and crashing the "production" environment.
  2. iOS 7 is NOT daily-driver material... the purpose of iOS beta releases is to get the software into the hand of iOS app developers to allow them to work on THEIR apps. Who cares that the eBay app or the Vine app crashes in an iOS beta release except for the eBay app and Vine app developers. Apple doesn?t care that Johnny-I-wan-it-early can?t run the eBay or the Vine app on their device that is running the iOS beta. That?s NOT the purpose of the beta versions of iOS.
I know that's not the point but then again I forgot apple makes everything difficult and apps won't work across multiple versions of IoS and they have to change them everytime.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know that's not the point but then again I forgot apple makes everything difficult and apps won't work across multiple versions of IoS and they have to change them everytime.

Apple doesn?t "make everything difficult" and there?s no widespread issue where "apps won?t work across multiple versions of iOS", nor does Apple "change them every time"... however, with that said, Apple does update the API libraries from time to time in new versions of iOS. When improving the iOS experience, they replace APIs with new versions and/or replace the old way of doing some things with new, better ways, it necessitates changes in how existing apps interface with iOS internals.

If they changed everything every time, apps written for one version of iOS would never work with any new version. Clearly, there are many apps that continue to work fine across multiple versions of iOS. It all depends on what Apple changes from version to version, and how apps interact with the OS.

But to get back to your original question, Apple doesn?t allow early release of apps based on the new, still unreleased version of iOS to eliminate problems for the general, non-developer user base. It?s all part of managing the experience - something that, arguably, Apple is very good at.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
what the heck is this?

After translating this abomination of the english language, I tried to duplicate the issue and it works fine for me.

Good you understood what he meant, having said that I really hope you realize this forum is also followed by people from all over the world whose first language is not english, they are trying hard and that's ok.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Vine app is broken on beta 2. Clips don't play.

Ebay app still broken.

Overall seems snappier. The task switcher is way more stable. Used to be almost instant springboard crash. Now it's usable.

i guess u have forgotten that its a developer beta which means that 3rd party developers will make their apps compatible for this new OS. why will apple fix the bugs in 3rd party apps .. just wondering

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
what the heck is this?

After translating this abomination of the english language, I tried to duplicate the issue and it works fine for me.

I think this is what that person is trying to say. After using the multitasking feature to close an app, the notification and control center won't work unless for some reason, you swipe the home screen to another page. I was able to duplicate this. It's not just one app either. I was able to duplicate the bug after closing any app.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I think this is what that person is trying to say. After using the multitasking feature to close an app, the notification and control center won't work unless for some reason, you swipe the home screen to another page. I was able to duplicate this. It's not just one app either. I was able to duplicate the bug after closing any app.

While still in the Multi-tasking screen or back on home screen?

*Sorry now my reply was out of order since you removed yours.*

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
what the heck is this?

Pretty easy to understand.

I'm having the same issue, sometimes swiping down doesn't bring down the Notification Center, likewise with the Control Center unless you change to a different page on the home screen first

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow is beta 2 snappy. Funny because I was actually happy with the performance of Beta 1 ... They have really done a great job with this, it's usually beta 3 for me that has the big performance boost.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So far no real bugs except the ones mentioned prior... I have no issues with control center or notifications as others have had.

The only complaint I have is not about the new iOS but the people who use the beta and are then upset their apps do not work. If you wish to risk using a beta on your primary phone, fine.. but please don't complain when 3rd party apps that "cannot be updated yet" won't work for you! Like a friend that got a visible tattoo and now upset that Disney won't hire her. You can't do something that will obviously cause issues and then complain about the issues.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Unresolved bug: multi task still shows portrait snapshots while in landscape mode. Icone however correctly display according to position of iPhone.

I'm sure this will be fixed in a later beta

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Beta 2 is great for me. A few of my previous bugs have been fixed. Siri was respringing my phone - fixed. Lock screen with white wallpaper made screen elements(time, date, etc) illegible - fixed. Instagram issue loading images - fixed (though that wasn't an Apple issue the engineers did ask me for more info). Things seem snappier but music controls through the mic still only happen if the music app is open in the background. Keyboard shortcuts don't work even if they are deleted and added again. Got the task switcher in landscape mode, podcast works but some elements don't respond.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice that from a locked screen when a text message is received, the screen does this brief flash. Not just illuminate, but like an actual flash? Wondering if it's purposely done as a new feature or a glitch.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Beta 2 is great for me. A few of my previous bugs have been fixed. Siri was respringing my phone - fixed. Lock screen with white wallpaper made screen elements(time, date, etc) illegible - fixed. Instagram issue loading images - fixed (though that wasn't an Apple issue the engineers did ask me for more info). Things seem snappier but music controls through the mic still only happen if the music app is open in the background. Keyboard shortcuts don't work even if they are deleted and added again. Got the task switcher in landscape mode, podcast works but some elements don't respond.

Task switcher is working properly for you? The "preview" snapshots still show in a portrait view while the icons rotate to landscape view while in landscape mode.

moses_1122

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to say this..
1) open the camera app
2) press the home button ( so now the home screen is there )
3) now try opening the notification centre or control centre.
4) 90% of the time it doesnt open unless you swipe to the next home screen and then try it.

I hope you people understand now. sorry for my english. I had this written from a British friend of mine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.