iOS 7 Dev Beta 2.0 info and Bug discussion (Now Available OTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Calendar... syncing to Google - there's an on/off toggle in the account settings for Calendar... as well as reminders, mail, and contacts...

I just verified Calendar sync works... added an event on Google Calendar via computer... changed it via iPhone... deleted on computer... it all synched.

Haven't tried Contacts yet...

Edit: Contacts don't sync... maybe in the future??

Last edited:

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Worked for me on iMessage. Sign out Apple ID on both FaceTime and iMessage. Hold sleep and home reboot. Test. But that don't work before this go wifi and change DNS to 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4. Mine verified my number then relogged in Apple ID.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

matters05

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Worked for me on iMessage. Sign out Apple ID on both FaceTime and iMessage. Hold sleep and home reboot. Test. But that don't work before this go wifi and change DNS to 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4. Mine verified my number then relogged in Apple ID.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
I don't know what you mean "logout". Do i logout on iTunes? Theres no option to logout on the iMessage settings.

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Bummed that do not disturb isn't fixed! Just dont understand why you can't get text and emails from favorites only calls? Does anyone have an issue with trying to save pic from imessage to camera role? I click on picture to get more but no option other then to forward to a new text/email.
View attachment 32924View attachment 32925

Tap on the image and then click the little icon in the bottom left hand side and select "save to camera roll"

shadski1

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone see this?
Attachment-1-1.png

Beta 2 still seems to have a lot of same issues as Beta 1 on 4S.

Can't take pic from iMessage/text (app crashes)
Instagram crashes when trying to post a pic
do not disturb isn't fixed

I understand its a Beta. Just posting what im experiencing.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Album art issues are fixed for me now, and battery life is better.

New animation when swipe deleting a text/iMessage thread.

I said it once and I'll say it again.....Siri is bloody fast now. It's as fast as Google Now is for checking/responding to queries.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Vine app is broken on beta 2. Clips don't play.

Ebay app still broken.

Overall seems snappier. The task switcher is way more stable. Used to be almost instant springboard crash. Now it's usable.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Vine app is broken on beta 2. Clips don't play.

Ebay app still broken.

Overall seems snappier. The task switcher is way more stable. Used to be almost instant springboard crash. Now it's usable.

Third party apps that are "broken" in beta, will more than likely stay broken until Apple allows the devs to release updates/fixes to specifically address the iOS 7 changes.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems a lot stabler. Haven't re-sprung yet, which I had been doing with beta 1, especially when I tried to use Siri.

The OTA install for my iPhone 5 (A1428) went relatively quickly. Less than ten minutes.

The install for my iPad 2 (3G GSM) was a long process, though.

Podcasts app still isn't working, but it crashes less badly now.

In the main, find these beta builds remarkably stable. No doubt some awful bug will crop up on one of these, but not just yet.

The iPad version feels awfully dark. Because of how the keyboard has changed, I suppose...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Third party apps that are "broken" in beta, will more than likely stay broken until Apple allows the devs to release updates/fixes to specifically address the iOS 7 changes.

I never understood why apple wouldn't allow these devs to have updates while in beta, seems like it would make it less of a hassle to update throughout but maybe they just want 1 update for the apps and not one for each beta( if the beta breaks it)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I never understood why apple wouldn't allow these devs to have updates while in beta, seems like it would make it less of a hassle to update throughout but maybe they just want 1 update for the apps and not one for each beta( if the beta breaks it)

Two reasons:
  1. There’s only one AppStore... and it they fill it up with iOS 7 based apps, non-devs with iOS 6 will have issues with apps not working and crashing the "production" environment.
  2. iOS 7 is NOT daily-driver material... the purpose of iOS beta releases is to get the software into the hand of iOS app developers to allow them to work on THEIR apps. Who cares that the eBay app or the Vine app crashes in an iOS beta release except for the eBay app and Vine app developers. Apple doesn’t care that Johnny-I-wan-it-early can’t run the eBay or the Vine app on their device that is running the iOS beta. That’s NOT the purpose of the beta versions of iOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro